PVD Driver & Unemployment benefits?

D

Deleted member 87137

Hey everyone,

I'm in a shifty situation and I would like to hear what y'all have to say. As the title says I'm a seasonal PVD driver for the winter, with hours fluctuating up and down these last two months. I got sick awhile back and due to the pandemic, I took it upon myself to get tested before returning and told my supervisor over the phone. Testing sites were insanely packed but I finally managed to get a test down over the weekend and I feel I will get my results by this Friday. I've been out of work for two weeks since my supervisor told me I can only return once I have my results and I want to know if I can file unemployment for those two weeks? Would I have to request a certain form from UPS HR? Would appreciate any insight.

TLDR: Haven't worked for 2 weeks, can I apply for unemployment benefits for those 2 weeks as a PVD?

charm299

Hey everyone,

I'm in a shifty situation and I would like to hear what y'all have to say. As the title says I'm a seasonal PVD driver for the winter, with hours fluctuating up and down these last two months. I got sick awhile back and due to the pandemic, I took it upon myself to get tested before returning and told my supervisor over the phone. Testing sites were insanely packed but I finally managed to get a test down over the weekend and I feel I will get my results by this Friday. I've been out of work for two weeks since my supervisor told me I can only return once I have my results and I want to know if I can file unemployment for those two weeks? Would I have to request a certain form from UPS HR? Would appreciate any insight.

TLDR: Haven't worked for 2 weeks, can I apply for unemployment benefits for those 2 weeks as a PVD?
No

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey everyone,

Lol

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
stuart.jpg

Hey everyone,

You may be eligible under federal unemployment for a $300 a week that they extended to independent contractors

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Ups only provides benefits if you are required to quarantine by a healthcare professional. Or you or a family member living with you tests positive. The information is on upsers.com

AKCoverMan

UPS pays Emergency Leave of two weeks of members guaranteed daily pay. But a PVD has no guarantee they don’t even exist in the contract. So SOL there..

UPS does not make decisions on unemployment that is done by each state. Go apply worst can happen is they tell you you don’t qualify, Read up on your state’s rules online. Every unemployment office is swamped and they are digging out with maximum government efficacy so be prepared for your claim to take awhile to be processed.