PVD drivers

Heavy Package

My local Club doesn't carry the flavor I like.

I have to order them from Sam's Club online and have them shipped to the house.

I'm sorry if I'm helping keep you in a job.

You are just part of the lazy useless new American culture. Go find a friend from an online chat forum, post a selfie about how great your life is and complain how everything is unfair and should be free in America. Your pizza has arrived. Eat up, fatso. Mommy will pay for your internet service and rent is free in the basement. And pretend that the world should revolve around you. Merry Christmas - whoops can't say that anymore - Happy Holidays from UPS.

th

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
You are just part of the lazy useless new American culture.

Apparently, you can't read, or comprehend. I believe that I said that they were only available online.

If I wanted the flavor that I liked, I only had one option.

Again, I'm sorry if I'm keeping you in a job by delivering my potato chips.

complain how everything is unfair and should be free in America

Never said that now, did I? I don't have a problem paying to have my items shipped.

Eat up, fatso. Mommy will pay for your internet service and rent is free in the basement. And pretend that the world should revolve around you. Merry Christmas - whoops can't say that anymore - Happy Holidays from UPS.

Somebody needs to get laid.

Heavy Package

Welcome to Peak Season! Let's make sure to provide that awesome UPS customer service to each and every one of our most important residential delivery customers like Mugarolla who custom orders his potato chips.

Remember-Treat every package like a guest of honor!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Welcome to Peak Season! Let's make sure to provide that awesome UPS customer service to each and every one of our most important residential delivery customers like Mugarolla who custom orders his potato chips.

That's what you get paid to do, isn't it?

Or do you want all the customers to leave so that you can stand on the unemployment line?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Shortly before I retired I witnessed an argument between one of our drivers and our center manager over her dispatch. His response to her was priceless:

"Would you like me to call each and every one of your customers and ask them to stop using UPS?"

She walked away with no response.

barnyard

KTM rider
We have several PVDs already working. 1 is rarely done when the driver goes to pick up the trailer, so the PVD and the driver split what is left and finish. I suspect that our PVD people are going to get sick of working after dark and will quit when we need them most.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
We have several PVDs already working. 1 is rarely done when the driver goes to pick up the trailer, so the PVD and the driver split what is left and finish. I suspect that our PVD people are going to get sick of working after dark and will quit when we need them most.
That’s what happened to us last year. The few that stuck around had to get bailed out daily.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Our PVD job posting says, "Up to $30/hr" now . It was previously listed at $21.
With gas hovering over $4 a gallon and the lure of 58¢ a mile really meaning about $12 extra a day, there’s almost zero interest from Joe public. As of Friday we were being offered $300 referral bonuses but as far as I know the pay was still right below $25 an hour.
I agree that between the dark and the weather, most PVD’s will either stop working all together or be a production nightmare.

iowa boy

Around here our PVD's are being dispatched with no more than 80 stops so none of ours are out past 5 pm. At least UPS cares about them.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I started a PVD Driver Wednesday and it will be a disaster. There is nowhere to store her boxes since she drives a little car. Supervisor trains her the first day and doesn't bring Infonotices. Second day she takes five hours to deliver 33 stops in a large swim/tennis community, I had to deliver four boxes that wouldn't fit in her little Nissan. We were light Friday and everything fit and she got done in four hours. This subdivision had a golf cart and storage box the last five years and will get 120 stops and 200 boxes a day in a few weeks. UPS never paid the HOA a rental fee to drop the golfcart/storage box in the clubhouse parking lot, the HOA President changed the lock on the gate.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Shortly before I retired I witnessed an argument between one of our drivers and our center manager over her dispatch. His response to her was priceless:

"Would you like me to call each and every one of your customers and ask them to stop using UPS?"

You don't need to call, they will scream at me in person, when I arrive to my next late pickup.

Johney

I would walk away too as that's the most stupid response I've ever heard.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
That's what you get paid to do, isn't it?

Or do you want all the customers to leave so that you can stand on the unemployment line?

I have a couple of pick ups that apologize for shipping so much. I tell them it keeps me in a job, and not to apologize. Turns out the driver who prelims those stops yells at them for shipping so much. I understand getting a little overwhelmed with the work, but not screaming at the hand that feeds you. I've told them to let the other driver know they can save whatever they think is excessive for me to close out. No clue how that driver has managed to stay employed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

With gas hovering over $4 a gallon and the lure of 58¢ a mile really meaning about $12 extra a day, there’s almost zero interest from Joe public. As of Friday we were being offered $300 referral bonuses but as far as I know the pay was still right below $25 an hour.
I agree that between the dark and the weather, most PVD’s will either stop working all together or be a production nightmare.

$4/gallon? I paid $2.60/gal yesterday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have a couple of pick ups that apologize for shipping so much. I tell them it keeps me in a job, and not to apologize. Turns out the driver who prelims those stops yells at them for shipping so much. I understand getting a little overwhelmed with the work, but not screaming at the hand that feeds you. I've told them to let the other driver know they can save whatever they think is excessive for me to close out. No clue how that driver has managed to stay employed.

Is he jokingly "yelling" at them or is he serious?