PVD NIGHTMARES

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
So we have PVDs. UPS is leaving an add/cut on the routes with a different SPA and then they’re supposed to come meet on route and take that stuff.

Yesterday had one no call no show. 8 pm, went to go meet up with the driver and met 3 (yes three) OTHER drivers in queue waiting to grab some stops. Anyone else having fun with these clowns?

So we have PVDs. UPS is leaving an add/cut on the routes with a different SPA and then they’re supposed to come meet on route and take that stuff.

Yesterday had one no call no show. 8 pm, went to go meet up with the driver and met 3 (yes three) OTHER drivers in queue waiting to grab some stops. Anyone else having fun with these clowns?
Last Thursday delivery driver calls in at 2:00 saying he had not seen his PVD driver yet. Center calls me in to go deliver the route. 55 stops 88 packages and 96 miles. Finished up around 8:00 PM that night. Twice last year I ran another PVD route because the girl needed a day off and another time she get stuck following the GPS directions. Can't wait for this year.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Been pretty smooth for us, to be honest. The rural routes are all much more condensed and manageable. At least at this point. 40-50 of the slowest and most rural stops per day. Getting those guys in the woods back by 9.5 every day. SO FAR

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Been pretty smooth for us, to be honest. The rural routes are all much more condensed and manageable. At least at this point. 40-50 of the slowest and most rural stops per day. Getting those guys in the woods back by 9.5 every day. SO FAR
Our rural PVDs are horrible. Ours are leaving stuff miles from the houses with no notices and they are not able to use the app so the stops get sheeted later in the day by the night OMS. No one knows where their stuff is.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Our rural PVDs are horrible. Ours are leaving stuff miles from the houses with no notices and they are not able to use the app so the stops get sheeted later in the day by the night OMS. No one knows where their stuff is.

Management has kept our PVDs in tight-knit suburban housing developments to prevent that. Its the seasonal drivers in U-Hauls without any GPS that are getting stuck out in the cow fields. They looked so sad and surprised when they were told the rentals don't have turn by turn GPS...

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I have projects on my route and I refuse to do there after 5. I treat it as business, they always give me a hard time saying don’t be scared etc today I told them why don’t you send a pvd there it would save me time and they said it wasn’t safe for pvds to be there lol wut

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby

I told my manager to forget sending me a pvd
Why should someone who has not paid any dues take stops from me
I would rather do 225 stops by myself
Screw a worthless helper as well

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Management has kept our PVDs in tight-knit suburban housing developments to prevent that. Its the seasonal drivers in U-Hauls without any GPS that are getting stuck out in the cow fields. They looked so sad and surprised when they were told the rentals don't have turn by turn GPS...
Love it
Welcome to the real UPS

Overpaid Union Thug

I just take the helper they give me, give him a hand cart in a huge apartment complex, dump the stops on the cart and tell him to call me when he's done, lmao.
I hate using them. They are mostly someone for me to talk to. So when the OMS gets to the point where they absolutely have to give me one and start in with the usual “This guy is fast...blah blah blah...” I just roll my eyes and tell them to give me someone that can I can talk to and doesn’t need their hand held.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I hate using them. They are mostly someone for me to talk to. So when the OMS gets to the point where they absolutely have to give me one and start in with the usual “This guy is fast...blah blah blah...” I just roll my eyes and tell them to give me someone that can I can talk to and doesn’t need their hand held.

....or you could take the time to show him/her the basics of the DIAD to where they could be part of a team rather than just a runner....they will also feel more engaged and would be more willing to bust their butt....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe, at one point
Not this generation
You can't fix stupid or a poor work ethic

Sure you can----it's called a kick in the butt.

Two or three Peaks ago we had a newbie who was struggling on a heavy commercial route. I was "asked" to go help him out two days in a row. When I was "asked" again I let him know in no uncertain terms that he needed to step it up as I was tired of having to bail him out on a daily basis.

He was one of our better drivers when I retired.