PVD

DirtySouth

O'Brien was crystal clear on this.

Taylor? Not hearing anything.

IBT needs to do what it can to stop the company from training our strike breakers via illegal subcontracting.

Box Ox

O'Brien was crystal clear on this.

Taylor? Not hearing anything.

IBT needs to do what it can to stop the company from training our strike breakers via illegal subcontracting.

You’re right. If the Union doesn’t do anything now, UPS is gonna shove PVDs down its throat and use it as a point of leverage for further concessions. It’ll say drivers should no longer receive the same level of compensation. It’ll say things like, “The industry is changing rapidly, and we have to be able to compete in the future!”

Speaking of....

“In a statement announcing the start of bargaining, Al Gudim, president of labor relations for UPS, said: “We are in a rapidly changing industry and look forward to working together with union negotiators to strongly position UPS for the future."

They’re gonna make this about the well-being of the Company itself. Not the well being of its drivers. PVDs will be the “model of the future” that they work off of. And the Union will get no sympathy in the current political/judicial/regulatory environment.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Really ?

Teamsters Package Division Opposes New UPS “Seasonal Personal Vehicle Driver” Classification - UPS Rising

-Bug-
Really.....riveting article,....

.....reminiscent of your beloved TDU's work, minus the links to their sources.

Those "Information Requests" must have the Company worried sick, as they handbill the nation?

img_4232-png.160000

~Bbbl~™

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a union meeting and PVD’s were one of the main topics of discussion. As expected, the Union strongly disagrees with the Company moving forward on this without their approval.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We had a union meeting and PVD’s were one of the main topics of discussion. As expected, the Union strongly disagrees with the Company moving forward on this without their approval.

It's a topic, subject to collective bargaining. End of story.

But as usual, the company is so arrogant.... they think they can do anything.

Kind of they same way they treat all of their employees.

(yes, management too)

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's a topic, subject to collective bargaining. End of story.

But as usual, the company is so arrogant.... they think they can do anything.

Kind of they same way they treat all of their employees.

(yes, management too)

-Bug-
What is Hoffa prepared to do about it???...

....aside from making "information requests"???

Teamsters Package Division Opposes New UPS “Seasonal Personal Vehicle Driver” Classification - UPS Rising

This comprehensive, three sentence article you linked is a month old, with no other information disseminated.

Can you see how the already cynical, are now turning skeptical???

-Pfft- (I recently figure out what that means and have been dying to use it):wink-very:

~Bbbl~™

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What is Hoffa prepared to do about it ?

If I was privy to that information, it wouldn't be posted here.

This comprehensive, three sentence article you linked is a month old, with no other information disseminated.

Can you see how the already cynical, are now turning skeptical ?

As I previously posted in another thread, don't expect "minute by minute" updates.

After the 2-man meeting next week, there will be more info.

-Pfft- (I recently figured out what that means and have been dying to use it)

Cool.... isn't it ? ;)

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If I was privy to that information, it wouldn't be posted here.

As I previously posted in another thread, don't expect "minute by minute" updates.

After the 2-man meeting next week, there will be more info.

Cool.... isn't it ? ;)

-Bug-
OK, thanks.

"Minute by minute"???

After a month, is it unreasonable to expect another 3 sentences?

Never mind, we all feel better now.

~Bbbl~™

SnowCitizen

PVD's make more then me if they count in mileage... if they have a Prius they are killing it out there

They drive to a meet spot for free. They get a ton of packages in a small area and only get a few miles out of it. They drive home for free. The mileage pay will be basically nothing.

DRporch

They drive to a meet spot for free. They get a ton of packages in a small area and only get a few miles out of it. They drive home for free. The mileage pay will be basically nothing.

true, i guess its a matter of how long they work. if they work the same hours id be a little upset knowing im doing 2-3x the work and getting paid less

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
true, i guess its a matter of how long they work. if they work the same hours id be a little upset knowing im doing 2-3x the work and getting paid less
I predict that they will be paid poorly, but will persist, hoping to get in on the "ground floor" of this new business model, the same model that Amazon uses...???