PVD'S. Peak 2018

The Real Jack RyanMI6

Its clear that whatever contract, we are working under UPS will do as they please. This needs to be addressed with contractual language. And it has to end. Its clear UPS whats RPCD'S, 22.4s 70hrs, and PVD'S during peak. And unless we stop this right here right now it only gets worse

Ky0311

I work in a center than isn't getting 22.4s. With them not being able to hire rpcds off the street anymore, how does that work with pvds, they are still technically drivers right? Nobody has talked about it.

llamainmypocket

Personally, PVDs last year caught me totally by surprise. I've never seen anything in the contract in regards to them. I kind of assumed UPS just violated the labor agreement and the IBT just ignored it.

bumped

I work in a center than isn't getting 22.4s. With them not being able to hire rpcds off the street anymore, how does that work with pvds, they are still technically drivers right? Nobody has talked about it.
How do you know your not getting 22.4's

bumped

Yes, I am the only one actually haha

You don't think its possible that UPS says that you are now going to a Saturday ground center. Maybe have 2 Saturday ground drivers who also deliver the Saturday air, so UPS can hire 25% 22.4 drivers in your center. Don't be so short sighted. UPS will take advantage of this anyway they can. Frankly, your center manager only knows what his bosses want him to know and when they want him to know it.

Ky0311

You don't think its possible that UPS says that you are now going to a Saturday ground center. Maybe have 2 Saturday ground drivers who also deliver the Saturday air, so UPS can hire 25% 22.4 drivers in your center. Don't be so short sighted. UPS will take advantage of this anyway they can. Frankly, your center manager only knows what his bosses want him to know and when they want him to know it.
You have a point, I trust hillary more than my management. But we don't push that kind of volume for Saturday ground to make sense. I read somewhere my Saturday air spot is protected from being replaced, I don't think I have the senority for 22.4 or any full time spots yet. I'm just wondering how pvds apply to this contract. It's a giant grey area

bumped

You have a point, I trust hillary more than my management. But we don't push that kind of volume for Saturday ground to make sense. I read somewhere my Saturday air spot is protected from being replaced, I don't think I have the senority for 22.4 or any full time spots yet. I'm just wondering how pvds apply to this contract. It's a giant grey area

Its not the point of the Saturday air....its the hiring of 22.4 drivers for the next how many drivers in your center up to the 25% threshold.

PT Car Washer

Its not the point of the Saturday air....its the hiring of 22.4 drivers for the next how many drivers in your center up to the 25% threshold.
Do you really think it makes any economic sense to hire 25% more FT drivers and pay FT benefits just to save $6/hr in some 1 belt Centers? Some of these 1 belt Centers are nothing more then a metal shack and a mud parking lot. Oh and by the way, last person out should turn off all the lights and leave the key under the front mat so the preloader can start in the morning.

Last edited: