PVDs...UPS using non-union competitor?

35years

Gravy route
Drivers are being sent home. At the same time the center is using PVDs.

I noticed one of the PVD's cars has a placard on the door identifying it as a local delivery company's car.

The local delivery company is a non-union shop.

I don't know if he is an off-duty employee of the other company or if UPS is sub-contracting with the company on the sly.

If I assume UPS does not know he works for the other company, then there is possible liability with violating the 14 hour rule. He was delivering late.

If UPS actually hired the local delivery company to deliver stops, is this subcontracting by a non-union shop OK with the teamsters?

This PVD crap should have never been allowed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

PVD's are supposed to affix a UPS placard to the side of their car.

If you happen to see this vehicle again, take a cell phone pic and forward that to your business agent.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

I noticed one of the PVD's cars has a placard on the door identifying it as a local delivery company's car.

I don't know if he is an off-duty employee of the other company or if UPS is sub-contracting with the company on the sly.

If I assume UPS does not know he works for the other company, then there is possible liability with violating the 14 hour rule. He was delivering late.

If UPS actually hired the local delivery company to deliver stops, is this subcontracting by a non-union shop OK with the teamsters?

Good job Hoffa!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Our steward has been throwing fits about this.
tenor-2.gif

PT Car Washer

PVD's are supposed to affix a UPS placard to the side of their car.

If you happen to see this vehicle again, take a cell phone pic and forward that to your business agent.
I don't think I have ever seen a placard on a PVD car. I will ask about this next week when I come back from vacation.

Indecisi0n

You mean drivers are going home by choice.