PVD's

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Sissy Brown Short Shorts, Sep 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Can't wait when this time saving measure blows up in browns face when we have to waste precious DOT time doing follow ups when these packages go missing or get misdelivered. Let us professionals handle our business. IMG_0366.JPG

2. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

If they even attempt to place a DFU in my log for a PVD delivery, I'll toss it right in the trash can.

Same exact thing I did when they tried to give me DFU's for a surepost delivery.

Mail them to the post office. I'm not investigating a delivery the mail person made.

3. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I haven't done a DFU in 6 years. Not going to waste my time.

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Repost

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. BSWALKS

BSWALKS I Wanna Be Sedated

Pottery barn

6. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

We recently got a bunch of followups for COD's because the company "lost" the checks for that day.
    Nope........not.......my......problem

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

I keep asking the question but nobody has an answer. How are any of these problems different than having a regular seasonal in a brown package car?

8. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut This Is The Last Stop

What's a seasonal?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

No need for you to worry. All you need to do is document, document, document.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  10. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

It depends on the training they will receive. Are they going to learn the methods? Defensive driving? There has to be a reason we send new drivers to integrad besides learning how important it is to iron your uniform.

11. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Yea. Runner-gunners create more claims than anybody.

12. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Casuals is what we call them. The temps we hire for peak. They all have that "deer in the headlights" look.

13. Box Ox

Box Ox Heckin' Fancy Doggo

I agree. The bigger issues are the Company’s current motivations and future intentions for using PVDs over regular seasonal drivers. They’re setting precedent with little time to sort out and resist it prior to contract negotiations.

14. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Director of Shenanigans

Because we are tired of being fleeced by the corporate BS. First it was Black Friday, then Saturday Ground, now this. Telematics harrasment, Surepost, and Orion ring a bell? Maybe negotiate something instead of inflicting your will on people, and you might gain a little trust.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  15. Limper

Limper Out For Delivery

UPS upper management doesn't care about your trust. If they're willing to screw their own (pension elimination, ridiculous hours), sticking it to us is easy.

16. 11HourRequest

11HourRequest Active Member

But I thought they cared deeply for us

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Only the ones who request 11 hours.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Future

Future Hi

Surepost is out of control ....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Gumby

Gumby *

They do what they want and the union looks the other way now. Not like when we had that one day strike when they jammed the over 70's on us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Yeah that strike sure solved the over 70's problem.