Q1 Cost Initiative - No Surepost, no Sat Ground, no Guarantees

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Starting tomorrow:
  • no surepost delivered
  • no sat ground, air only
  • no PT sups working on Sat, all are laid off, no exceptions, no personal days
  • all drivers working pay-actual on Sat, no exceptions, grievances ignored
  • probably no ground pickups, that's still under discussion

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i honestly can't tell if this is just Q1 retardedness, some kind of anti-union leveraging to trade away 22.4's (i don't see those happening anytime soon) for something better(?), something with the post office, or all of the above

542thruNthru

Starting tomorrow:
  • no surepost delivered

Maybe in your area. The West makes money every day.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Starting tomorrow:
  • no surepost delivered
I am as excited as a kid the day before Christmas.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Starting tomorrow:
  • no surepost delivered
No Surepost delivered at all? Or only on Saturdays?
You will lose a grievance if you try to give all of it to the Post Office.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
i honestly can't tell if this is just Q1 retardedness, some kind of anti-union leveraging to trade away 22.4's (i don't see those happening anytime soon) for something better(?), something with the post office, or all of the above
Your bosses are corrupt idiots.
They are defrauding investors with these stupid number games.
We were warned that the fuel pumps will be padlocked on Friday.
Padlocked fuel pumps. For a delivery company. That is what passes for “leadership” at UPS today.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Saturday Ground is back on.....evidently in the conference call they realized that it’s too late in the week to cancel Saturday. Trailers already in route with critical packages. Everything else is true though. Saturday is a huge money pit and everyone knows it.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Mondays and Fridays have gotten hella strange. It's all hands on deck peak levels of volume T-Th and then stuff just disappears for the weekend.

I've been laid off every Monday and Friday for the past 3 weeks but out running peak-season routes Tu-Thur. Our center (which is small) will have 10 routes magically disappear from Thursday into Friday and won't be seen again until Tuesday.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I've been laid off every Monday and Friday for the past 3 weeks but out running peak-season routes Tu-Thur. Our center (which is small) will have 10 routes magically disappear from Thursday into Friday and won't be seen again until Tuesday.
It must be fun though, working a bunch of OT and then getting a long weekend off.
The preload is normal everyday regardless, 5 hours or close to that. A driver who has worked preload 3 times longer than he has driven would mention the worst part about preload is that no matter what happens, you never get a day off.

Bob11B

Your bosses are corrupt idiots.
They are defrauding investors with these stupid number games.
We were warned that the fuel pumps will be padlocked on Friday.
Padlocked fuel pumps. For a delivery company. That is what passes for “leadership” at UPS today.
hahahahahahhaa my fuel pump went out a few hours ago, not kidding....had to bring me a new truck

Jackofnotrades

Starting tomorrow:
  • no surepost delivered
Not at my hub. Saturday's are still on as normal

Jackofnotrades

Starting tomorrow:
  • no surepost delivered
Kinda defeats the purpose of the 22-4, so might as well scratch that off the master