Q3 Earnings.

bacha29

Q3 earnings: Missed on revenue, beat on EPS. Express operating margin improves a bit. Stock price gains but perhaps it's due to the additional 500M committed to stock buybacks bringing the total to 5 billion.

bacha29

Stock price move was surprising
Short covering and the additional money committed to buybacks are almost certain to have had an impact. That along with the news of significant additional cost cutting will likely make working for a company that is already hard to work for even more difficult. So for those who have been caught up in the headcount reductions they in the end might be better off than those who remain.

yadig

Short covering and the additional money committed to buybacks are almost certain to have had an impact. That along with the news of significant additional cost cutting will likely make working for a company that is already hard to work for even more difficult. So for those who have been caught up in the headcount reductions they in the end might be better off than those who remain.
I hope dano isn’t part of that corporate cut. He/she hasn’t been on here in a while.

FedupExpress

You know if fedex says a "small percentage" in actuality they mean a large percentage. Once you work for fedex you know they lie about everything... I heard a bunch of people at my old station are now looking for new jobs.

I can't see fedex recovering, all downhill from here until they close up shop.

You know if fedex says a "small percentage" in actuality they mean a large percentage. Once you work for fedex you know they lie about everything... I heard a bunch of people at my old station are now looking for new jobs.

Big Brown isn't any better...

zeev

Lies is all FedEx is they are radically downsizing the company, buying stock back pumps the stock higher but takes money out of the company that is used for expansion and compensation.

bacha29

Lies is all FedEx is they are radically downsizing the company, buying stock back pumps the stock higher but takes money out of the company that is used for expansion and compensation.
They seem perfectly happy to sacrifice market share and reduce operations down to about the level of Purolator and Laser Ship.
It's always one of two things that's going to happen. Either you're going to get better at what you do or you're going to go backwards And given that this is a business that many agree is as big as it's going to get and likely to shrink a little bit and several analysists have "hold" ratings on the stock citing structural concerns I can't help but think that Raj and Fat Freddy themselves have no idea as to what they're company is going to look like three years now,

zeev

Purolator or DHL model looks most likely, stick to urban areas which is how FedEx started. All rural areas are money losers from day one. All rural areas will be serviced by cartage agents which now days means a vehicle and a phone app.

bacha29

Purolator or DHL model looks most likely, stick to urban areas which is how FedEx started. All rural areas are money losers from day one. All rural areas will be serviced by cartage agents which now days means a vehicle and a phone app.
Last fall there was this kid in a contracted DHL panel van who stopped at the neighbors house. I asked him where he was from. He had come from a station in the adjoining state 4 hours away. That's 4 hours one way. Haven't seen him around here since. Is it any wonder why? Goes to show you why Bezos dumped his junk onto the USPS....the carrier of the last resort out in the rural areas.