Qatar World Cup

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Who else saw this coming and isn’t surprised? I watched the Netflix series on FIFA and the corruption this week. One of the things they talked about was the envelopes of cash handed over to FIFA officials from Qatar to “win” the rights for this. I’m betting this is the last World Cup ever hosted by a Muslim country. The Qatar World Cup is going to be interesting if only for the politics going on around it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Who else saw this coming and isn’t surprised? I watched the Netflix series on FIFA and the corruption this week. One of the things they talked about was the envelopes of cash handed over to FIFA officials from Qatar to “win” the rights for this. I’m betting this is the last World Cup ever hosted by a Muslim country. The Qatar World Cup is going to be interesting if only for the politics going on around it.

Good luck keeping the euro hooligans from getting drunk and setting things on fire

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Good luck keeping the euro hooligans from getting drunk and setting things on fire
That would definitely not be a good country to try those shenanigans in. Ever seen that show “Locked up Abroad”? Not to mention, Qatar practices Wahhabism. They’d probably be beheaded. Lol.

HedleyLamarr

My oldest son was telling me that Qatar literally was using slave labor to build those stadiums. They put out ads in other countries, inviting people to take construction jobs in their country, and then when the workers arrived, Qatar refused to pay them for their work and wouldn't let them leave.

newfie

No wonder he’s the team captain. Class…
he appears to agree but says we're making progress.
a better answer might be to tell that condescending reporter that we dont beat our woman if they refuse to cover up.
or perhaps ask him about Irans systematic oppression of the Ahwazi people.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

BREAKING NEWS - Biden administration confirms $1 BILLION in arms sales to Qatar at half time during crucial World Cup win over Iran: State Department sends over anti-drone systems in huge package.​

newfie

1669831411979.png

vantexan

Well, Netherlands got the best of the USMNT and put them out of the World Cup.
I guess it's a victory for Americans to make it to the round of 16. Soccer seems to be more a women's sport in the U.S. due to the success our women have had. As long as our men aren't fielding the best American athletes like the rest of the world does, with opportunities to make serious money, it's an also ran sport here.

oldngray

nowhere special
I guess it's a victory for Americans to make it to the round of 16. Soccer seems to be more a women's sport in the U.S. due to the success our women have had. As long as our men aren't fielding the best American athletes like the rest of the world does, with opportunities to make serious money, it's an also ran sport here.
How long until some of the men start to identify as women so they can play on the women's team?