Qualification grievance.

Shtinky

I was recently told I did not qualify to be a driver. I started the qualification process on Oct. 25 and my last day of work was Jan.12. 32 working days in I signed a hand written note saying that I would no longer gain seniority and that any accident would disqualify me. Also, I did not have a Union member in there with me when I signed it. I went on to drive 10 more days without incident I drove within 10 minutes of scratch on days where my pickups were ready, I had 22 pick ups on my training route 3 of which were almost never ready. I can try again in 6 months or I can grieve. Advice? I've been with UPS since Aug 2016.

542thruNthru

I was recently told I did not qualify to be a driver. I started the qualification process on Oct. 25 and my last day of work was Jan.12. 32 working days in I signed a hand written note saying that I would no longer gain seniority and that any accident would disqualify me. Also, I did not have a Union member in there with me when I signed it. I went on to drive 10 more days without incident I drove within 10 minutes of scratch on days where my pickups were ready, I had 22 pick ups on my training route 3 of which were almost never ready. I can try again in 6 months or I can grieve. Advice? I've been with UPS since Aug 2016.

Couple questions.
1. What state are you located in?

2. Why did you sign something with out your shop steward present?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Agreed I was working in -20 degree wind chills, snow and ice.
You were probably trying to do the right thing during your qualification period. Walk off stops, drive speed limit,not run etc. I’m sorry, but that’s not how you can qualify. You have to run , mailbox stuff ,and leap over bushes to get stuff done. I rode with my cab full of boxes , this helps to save time from going into truck for them....oh yeah and always look for your supervisors following you.

Faceplanted

You were seasonal... You got used. Most centers don’t allow seniority during the free period oct 15-jan 15. It’s very rare for them to do so

U got screwed just like 95% of drivers who get hired during the free period do.

Nothing u can do.

Shtinky

You were seasonal... You got used. Most centers don’t allow seniority during the free period oct 15-jan 15. It’s very rare for them to do so

U got screwed just like 95% of drivers who get hired during the free period do.

Nothing u can do.
I wasn't seasonal. I was qualifying.

Shtinky

You were probably trying to do the right thing during your qualification period. Walk off stops, drive speed limit,not run etc. I’m sorry, but that’s not how you can qualify. You have to run , mailbox stuff ,and leap over bushes to get stuff done. I rode with my cab full of boxes , this helps to save time from going into truck for them....oh yeah and always look for your supervisors following you.
Ya they did, I seen them. The center manager scared the crap outta me when he walked in my truck while I was looking for a package.

Faceplanted

Your not listening

There is a free period at ups. Anybody hired and who works as a driver between oct 15 and Jan 15 is seasonal. They CAN keep you after, like I said it barely ever happens.

Sorry to say, you got nothing to stand on. The seasonal period is over and it’s bye bye till at the earliest summertime.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
You're in the Central. Yeah you were
(b) Seasonal Employees: Time worked from November 1st through
the Friday of the second full week of January of the following year
shall not accrue toward seniority. This period may be extended
upon approval from the Local Union. Any employee who is
retained after the Friday of the second full week of January, or
recalled within sixty (60) days after the Friday of the second full
week of January, must work thirty (30) in a ninety (90) consecutive
day period commencing with the first (1st) day worked after the
Friday of the second full week of January, and his/her seniority
shall revert back to the first (1st) day of his/her ninety (90) day qual-
ification period. However, those employees hired prior to
November 1st who are retained or recalled within sixty (60) days
after the Friday of the second full week in January will retain cred-
it for the number of days worked prior to November 1st.

Faceplanted

Another guy ups lied to

I felt bad for th 15 or so drivers in my center. Lots of them were refugees from Puerto Rico who were simply trying to provide a life for their family. Half were told they were perminant full time. On the 12th they ALL got :censored2: canned.

new2dagame

So if someone had been Bid Air Driver for 7 months ..then RTD during peak season...and still during Package Cover Driver.......was offered Full Time Last week......will they still have to qualify? He already trained 3 days with sup.....before peak. Will his pay go down also?