Qualify

Angler87!

Hi i was wondering I’m a part timer and I was wondering what does it mean when they say the full time driver has to qualify?

JustDeliverIt

As a driver you have 30 days to show you can competently do the job. No accidents and getting close to or doing better than their expected production numbers are basically what management looks at.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
What exactly is there production numbers
I’m not trying to be mean. I’d suggest reading more and posting less. You can learn a lot by using the search function on this site. Also there is nothing more accurate then speaking with people that work in your building. Anyone answering you with specifics on this site is just guessing. Some examples of who to talk to would be a driver that has done that route before, the driver steward for that group or even the on road supervisor for that route. If I were new and trying to qualify I’d talk to all three.

Good luck

Angler87!

I’m not trying to be mean. I’d suggest reading more and posting less. You can learn a lot by using the search function on this site. Also there is nothing more accurate then speaking with people that work in your building. Anyone answering you with specifics on this site is just guessing. Some examples of who to talk to would be a driver that has done that route before, the driver steward for that group or even the on road supervisor for that route. If I were new and trying to qualify I’d talk to all three.

Good luck
Thanks I am not to familiar with this site i just came across it didn’t think i could find this answer

Zowert

I can’t put in to drive yet I guess I’m just jumping the a head of myself. I’d like to drive but not sure how hard it is to qualify
Qualifying really depends on whether or not management likes you and how badly your center needs drivers. I’ve seen some slow drivers get qualified and I’ve seen guys who were back at the building by 5:30pm every day during their 30 get disqualified.

You have a lot to gain and nothing to lose, if they DQ you at least you’ll have your job inside. After 6 months you can try again if you want. There is a preloader here that got DQ’d when a tree branch broke a mirror on his truck. He tried again about 7 months later and qualified. He turned out to be solid driver.

I’d suggest you go for it. You won’t know if you like it until you try. The best advice I have heard for drivers trying to qualify, “Be quick on your feet, slow behind the wheel.”

Angler87!

Qualifying really depends on whether or not management likes you and how badly your center needs drivers. I’ve seen some slow drivers get qualified and I’ve seen guys who were back at the building by 5:30pm every day during their 30 get disqualified.

You have a lot to gain and nothing to lose, if they DQ you at least you’ll have your job inside. After 6 months you can try again if you want. There is a preloader here that got DQ’d when a tree branch broke a mirror on his truck. He tried again about 7 months later and qualified. He turned out to be solid driver.

I’d suggest you go for it. You won’t know if you like it until you try. The best advice I have heard for drivers trying to qualify, “Be quick on your feet, slow behind the wheel.”
Thanks