Qualifying process.... how does it really work?

Sheikyrbouti

I am trying to qualify again. I went through intergrad for the second time and was put on a training route. I scratched for my 10 day average from what I see looking at the reports, so how does it really break down? Do I still need to complete my 30 days? Or can I ask to be qualified early? I have asked my sup but get no answer. “I‘ll get back to you” is the only response. Granted we are heavy with volume and computers being down for a few days doesn’t help, so I figured I would ask you more experienced brownies 😂

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
e183a74a6330ddd159c6bb037ce9dd2b.gif

Sheikyrbouti

Too bad all of the days driven before intergrad doesn’t count. I drove all of peak and was called back from unload mid-April to help with volume. They decided to put me back in school early June lol.

RTCD

The first rule of qualification is you don’t talk about qualification.

Just keep working hard and on day 31 know that you’ve qualified. It’s all a sham; if they like you and you work hard their numbers will align in your favor.

Never remind them how many days you have worked.

DriverNerd

We had a guy who went over his 30 days by 2 or 3 days while management was on vacation and covering other areas. There was only one supervisor running things. They didn't want him so they sent him back. Too late, he grieved and is now a driver. Keep your mouth shut and keep working.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Never remind them how many days you have worked.
[/QUOTE]

Those are the truest words and best advice you can give anyone qualifying.

Ackerlin

If management wants you or thinks you'll be an "asset", You literally have nothing to worry about except a major collision. If they don't, well anything you say or do will be used against you. Just show hard work ethic and fly under the radar.

MassWineGuy

If you go 30 or more days without hearing anything can they tell you on day 33 that you’re disqualified? Or is it automatic on day 30?

DriverNerd

If you go 30 or more days without hearing anything can they tell you on day 33 that you’re disqualified? Or is it automatic on day 30?

It is automatic, but they can "disqualify" you and send you back. You can't say no, but you should inform them you reached your 30 days and are now qualified. If they persist, just go back to your old job and file a grievance and let that play out.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?

Did you drive 30 consecutive days? Or did you have days off? I've seen my management team work guys 4 days a week just to get the cheap labor and dq them.

MassWineGuy

I work at FedEx Express, actually. I was just curious. If someone makes their 30 without an event it’s only right to qualify.

DriverNerd

I work at FedEx Express, actually. I was just curious. If someone makes their 30 without an event it’s only right to qualify.

In that case, yes you are automatically qualified. You have to drive 30 days - not in a row, just total without any incidents. Management is required to tell you of your disqualification and must stop you from driving the 30th day (or sooner). If you go over the 30 they can be dicks and say you don't qualify, but we have union protection for that issue.