Qualifying with driver helper

CD0314

Can days that you have a driver helper count towards your qualifying period? Trying to find anything in the contract or central, but don't see anything.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Can days that you have a driver helper count towards your qualifying period? Trying to find anything in the contract or central, but don't see anything.
That's because it's not there. Why would being a helper give you credit for DRIVING?

scooby0048

I said days that you have a driver helper.... HAVE one with you HELPING.
Sorry, I misread it. If you were driving then it should count but you also shouldnt have had a helper to distract you. Did they let you go or something?

Sounds like they were just using you and abusing you as a seasonal.

CD0314

Well I was actually DQ for not making scratch 5 days out of 30 (I came within a few minutes each day) and this was with them starting my qualification in September and then not working me for a month, then having me come back and finish it out, changing my route, and they've continued to use me. Told me I was DQ on the morning of day 27 and had me go out that day and then continue to finish out through day 30 on the training route. Since then they've had me driver help the days I'm not being used to drive. The 3 people they hired after me qualified all while having a driver helper. Riding with some of them has shown me that I really did not deserve to be DQ and I'm wandering if that would be grounds for a grievance since they were able to qualify using a helper running their packages and I did it on my own. Our local union president quit in the midst of the beginning of this and told me that filing grievances only hurts me and I'm just trying to get advice from people who do have experience.

CD0314

Ok, so what's your actual problem then. You are qualified is your seniority date screwed up. If not, then who gives a friend* whether the time counted or not.
This was not the OP (myself) that you are responding to. That is another guy saying he qualified with having a helper.

barnyard

KTM rider
Until recently, I have never heard of anyone prevailing by grieving a 30 day DQ. You can try, more than likely it will result in another 90 day trial period and if they did not like you, you will not qualify then, either.

Locally, after peak starts, qualifying ends.

scooby0048

This was not the OP (myself) that you are responding to. That is another guy saying he qualified with having a helper.

Jesus scoob! Read man! First you think he's a helper then you think @CoffeeStainedUniform is the OP.

You're killing me smalls!

IDK what the hell was going on today. I'm more confused than a fart in a fan factory. OP, If you drive anymore after the 30 days mark, get with your steward and see you can be kept on. Some places if you work past the 30 then the company basically bought you. Your steward will know what that means.

Sorry for all the confusion and good luck.

CoffeeStainedUniform

IDK what the hell was going on today. I'm more confused than a fart in a fan factory. OP, If you drive anymore after the 30 days mark, get with your steward and see you can be kept on. Some places if you work past the 30 then the company basically bought you. Your steward will know what that means.

Sorry for all the confusion and good luck.
Lol, funny stuff. Do you mess up your package label addresses that bad? JK, I still haven't caught up on sleep since Peak myself.

542thruNthru

Seems that day was a mess. Normally I'm a bit more astute.

giphy-43.gif