Qualifying

rkctkc

It is my understanding that 30 days is 30 days when changing classifications. Only new hires cannot accrue seniority during peak season. I haven't read anywhere in the contract it says you cannot accrue your seniority when changing classifications during peak season

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is my understanding that 30 days is 30 days when changing classifications. Only new hires cannot accrue seniority during peak season. I haven't read anywhere in the contract it says you cannot accrue your seniority when changing classifications during peak season

Peak is a free season-----seniority cannot be gained during a free period.

rkctkc

I'd like to know the article that says you can't qualify for a new classification during peak season. He isn't changing from part time to full time, it's not a new senority date.

Oak

I'd like to know the article that says you can't qualify for a new classification during peak season. He isn't changing from part time to full time, it's not a new senority date.
That's my thinking.

So, we have a 50/50 consensus so far. Any others?

MoarTape

If you are a reg temp here, peak does not count towards qualifying. Like everything else, it depends on your supplement.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You can qualify, but the bid must state Perm FT. We had two drivers go through qualifying during the free period last December. Talk about a welcome to UPS.