Quarterly Results

F

FrigidAdCorrector

On a side note, speaking of quarterly results, Apple's profit was up 33% from last quarter. Their stock was up nearly $2/share. :)
Can't believe it's up after that massive miss on iPads. I think if the Apple Watch missed expectations they would have been in trouble.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

BS my aching helped make that #!
There are a lot of guys in my building whose aches are only from their sore butts gotten while sitting on the couch. Dimensional weight has made a huge chunk of the extra billion because volume is not that much higher than where it was last year.

KaiserTom

And yet the stock is still dropping, so glad I pulled out when I did at +$100. That'll teach me to have stocks in the company I work at.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why buy a map book when every smartphone has a map book built in it?

I also have a smartphone and use it when a casual or new bid driver calls to ask if know where a particular street is.

The map book would be easier as you have the whole area right in front of you, you can highlight your route or make copies of the page(s) of the town(s) that you will be delivering to.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And yet the stock is still dropping, so glad I pulled out when I did at +$100. That'll teach me to have stocks in the company I work at.

There is nothing wrong with holding company stock as a portion of your overall portfolio but you certainly don't want to have all of your eggs in one basket.

UPS is a solid stock with predictable dividends.

S

selfcancelsignal

They can get dispatch to print out maps for the day also, last time i checked that was free lol. Here they can print out maps for the driver for that day and it will have every stop mapped out in a lil black circle. Alot of rookie drivers or cover drivers get them to print them out all the time.
We have a driver that uses these maps. He'll be good on ORION as it seems similar. I always have the dispatcher print out the area maps with the street names on them. This is how you obtain area knowledge out in the blind. Oh yeah, that's not gonna matter soon.

S

selfcancelsignal

Why buy a map book when every smartphone has a map book built in it?
To each their own. For me it's easier to see pieces of the route laid out in full on paper maps. Best way to retain area knowledge (which sadly will be a thing of the past soon) too. & don't just leave the paper maps dispatch prints for you in the PC or throw them out. Save them for the next time you do the route(s) & make notes on them. I use the smartphone maps to look for 1 tricky stop when it arises. Easier for me to look at paper most of the time than to fiddle around with maybe being out in a non data area.

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
Mechanics get a tool allowance.

Drivers don't get a map allowance.
$250/year taxed basically in half=roughly $125. We pay thousands in tools each year to make sure we can effectively do the job, last year I paid over $3000.00 in tools, the year before that about the same. To complain over spending $75 (if it's even that much) to do the job is pathetic. All those shiny tool boxes you see in the shop were not supplied by UPS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

$250/year taxed basically in half=roughly $125. We pay thousands in tools each year to make sure we can effectively do the job, last year I paid over $3000.00 in tools, the year before that about the same. To complain over spending $75 (if it's even that much) to do the job is pathetic. All those shiny tool boxes you see in the shop were not supplied by UPS.

Can you say "unreimbursed job expense"?