Question about 5 and 10 card

Yeah that does suck. Hey since you guys have been around I live an hour from my facility and would like work the late shift. Does it matter what shift u work as far as getting picked to drive part time when the opportunity comes up.
Yes. If you drive they make you work the reload shift. Usually around 6 till 9 or something like that.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Yeah that does suck. Hey since you guys have been around I live an hour from my facility and would like work the late shift. Does it matter what shift u work as far as getting picked to drive part time when the opportunity comes up.
I don't have an answer for this question, but I have always wondered how people will have an hour commute to work especially to only work maybe 5 hours a day. I have a 15min drive to work and thats too long for me lol

for pete's sake

I don't have an answer for this question, but I have always wondered how people will have an hour commute to work especially to only work maybe 5 hours a day. I have a 15min drive to work and thats too long for me lol
I'm wondering that myself. A V8 pickup and a 100 miles round trip commute. Half my money will go towards gas lol. Never thought I wished I had a Prius lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nope-----it's all done by seniority.

One of the first things you should do tomorrow is find out where the union bulletin board. This is where they normally post the "intent to drive" bid sheets.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
What % of the time on average did u drive before u got ur bid route? Did hire on as a part time driver/loader when you first started?

I drove for 10 years as a full time swing driver.

I worked PT for 12.5 years. Never did any driving during that period, because I also had a full-time job during the day.

for pete's sake

I drove for 10 years as a full time swing driver.

I worked PT for 12.5 years. Never did any driving during that period, because I also had a full-time job during the day.
Ok. Thanks for the info. Also on your comment about taking a difficult path, being hired as a part time driver/loader and already being qualified as a driver when I start, that seems to be the only path to one day getting a full bid route correct?