question about bid sheet

TheKid99

I signed a sheet yesterday with 4 vacancies that will be taken down Friday for full time permanent PC
Driver
I'm number 2 on the list right now

They will have more pc jobs soon

Will they pick from the list I signed or post another sheet? Thanks

UPSGUY72

There may be other list for the same job throughout your building.

Or in a different building if that building is also in the seniority list. In my area there are three building and 4 centers you can bid into anyone if you have the seniority to win bid.

UPSGUY72

I signed a sheet yesterday with 4 vacancies that will be taken down Friday for full time permanent PC
Driver
I'm number 2 on the list right now

They will have more pc jobs soon

Will they pick from the list I signed or post another sheet? Thanks

If there are 4 different position open that need to be filled than each should have it own bid sheet.

Could you have signed a sheet for people wanting to be a TCD or a List of people wanting to go FT. In my area they put these sheet up for two weeks after the 1st of the year. In my area TCD can only be used from June 1 - the second week in Sept and than from Oct 1- Jan 15.

TheKid99

If there are 4 different position open that need to be filled than each should have it own bid sheet.

Could you have signed a sheet for people wanting to be a TCD or a List of people wanting to go FT. In my area they put these sheet up for two weeks after the 1st of the year. In my area TCD can only be used from June 1 - the second week in Sept and than from Oct 1- Jan 15.

I took a photo of the paper

It says job description is service provider for package car driver

The type of bid is permanent vacancy

And the number of positions are 4

Employees eligible to bid are full time and part time employees

TheKid99

This is it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 749

Grey

Question about bidding for a permanent route. If a guy already signed his name with more seniority is there any point signing it? Tbh there's like 4-5 guys on there already who've been there significantly longer...

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Question about bidding for a permanent route. If a guy already signed his name with more seniority is there any point signing it? Tbh there's like 4-5 guys on there already who've been there significantly longer...
Definitely sign it. They go through at least 4 people who sign up but then are disqualified for whatever reason. Sign sign sign

PT Car Washer

Definitely sign it. They go through at least 4 people who sign up but then are disqualified for whatever reason. Sign sign sign
Some guys will sign bids even when they know they are not qualified for the job. Other guys sign and they know they will back out if they win the bid. Never be afraid to sign your name to a bid that you really want.

TheKid99

Some guy bid and he put his seasonal start date as his seniority date I hope they verify seniority date

There's 8 names on the list now and I'm like #3 or 4

The most seniority is 2002 the second most seniority bidder is 2006

But my question is if the four do not qualify during the 30 day period will they look from the list for the next person?

Because they're posting more bids soon.

PT Car Washer

Some guy bid and he put his seasonal start date as his seniority date I hope they verify seniority date

There's 8 names on the list now and I'm like #3 or 4

The most seniority is 2002 the second most seniority bidder is 2006

But my question is if the four do not qualify during the 30 day period will they look from the list for the next person?

Because they're posting more bids soon.
Employees will put whatever seniority date they want on a bid sheet but HR will verify it before awarding the bid. My experience says they will go to the next highest senior person on the list rather then rebidding. A lot of guys don't qualify first time.