question about breaks.

browntroll

so today i had to work in a different pick off then i normally do and obviously a newer sup
that looks like he should still be in high school. so end of sort i start walking the belt and
when i get to the end the sup yells "you can take your break" i say ok. i finish walking the belt and take a package i found to the pc it belongs to as im walking to the front i hear the sup call me over. he tells me that im "milking the clock" and i have been on break since he told me to be on break regardless of where i was. is it ok for sups to start me on break when im walking the belt? most sups let me finish up and let me get to a break area before they start me on break.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I think it is okay unless done to be retaliatory. I don't know of anyone that works in a designated break area so most people walk somewhere regardless.

browntroll

just to clarify what i mean by end of the belt, i was on the opposite side of where my pickoff area/latter is, so it obviously took me a minute
or 2 to get back. im not sure this pt sup can handle the way i normally talk to sups first time working with him.

Fighter

so today i had to work in a different pick off then i normally do and obviously a newer sup
that looks like he should still be in high school. so end of sort i start walking the belt and
when i get to the end the sup yells "you can take your break" i say ok. i finish walking the belt and take a package i found to the pc it belongs to as im walking to the front i hear the sup call me over. he tells me that im "milking the clock" and i have been on break since he told me to be on break regardless of where i was. is it ok for sups to start me on break when im walking the belt? most sups let me finish up and let me get to a break area before they start me on break.
Seems to me that the three "D's" should come into play. Designated break area in particular. How can you be on break unless you are in the designated area? Going to and from it should not count. File and use that argument.