Question about employment

Hey everyone ! I'm new to this site and I have a unique question to ask. I recently applied to be a package handler , had the group tour and second interview where I got offered the job on the spot , I signed that I was accepting the offer after a background check and when I went on the website I filled out the extra forms added. The lady said that there was a class she wanted me to go during the week but she wants the background check to go through first. She then told me she would call me the next day , well she hasn't and I was wondering if I should actually show up to the class or just wait for the call . Any advice is welcomed thank you

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
IMG_1911.GIF
@MyTripisCut thanks 4 the gif.

PT Car Washer

Hey everyone ! I'm new to this site and I have a unique question to ask. I recently applied to be a package handler , had the group tour and second interview where I got offered the job on the spot , I signed that I was accepting the offer after a background check and when I went on the website I filled out the extra forms added. The lady said that there was a class she wanted me to go during the week but she wants the background check to go through first. She then told me she would call me the next day , well she hasn't and I was wondering if I should actually show up to the class or just wait for the call . Any advice is welcomed thank you
Normal to promise one thing and then not call for a couple days. Or weeks. The most unorganized place you have ever seen.

Normal to promise one thing and then not call for a couple days. Or weeks. The most unorganized place you have ever seen.

I can imagine , I figured I'll wait then not be excited for verbal promises . It's just weird that I'm basically preloader and filled out tax forms I would imagine they would just tell me in the interview a day to come in . But I was doubtful when she said a background check is gonna take one day

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I can imagine , I figured I'll wait then not be excited for verbal promises . It's just weird that I'm basically preloader and filled out tax forms I would imagine they would just tell me in the interview a day to come in . But I was doubtful when she said a background check is gonna take one day

Believe it or not, you've been entered into a drawing to be CFO of all religious based grievances in the entire East Coast, including the US Virgin Islands! Now make sure you shave, and wait by the phone!

AsweetGirl

Is No Longer Affiliated With UPS
Wait for your call because a background check could take some time. If you were given a specific date and time of the class, go to it. If she just said this week there's a class but we have to wait for your background check.... then wait for her call. The class is just a movie. They can play it no matter how many students show up.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In UPS terms, the next day means a few weeks. Just relax.