Question about entering package car

brownedout

IF, I repeat, if you're working/using your methods (in this instance 3 points of contact) your left foot should be your first step up into the pc. Since all hand-grab bars are set up for right-hand use, stepping up with your right foot first leaves you off-balance, twisted and rife for injury. Before the company went so methods/safety crazy I used to rotate my step foot into the pc every 15 minutes or so, adding a single leg squat every other stop just for a workout. I miss those carefree days. I miss NOT having to workout on my own time.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Driver side hand bar is positioned for left hand use. There are no methods for entering the driver side yet there is a hand bar.

Indecisi0n

I switch it up but when i use the right leg with the right hand i have to literally stop at the PC car. Then grab the rail and step up. Yea it takes a few more seconds but i think my health is worth it.

OptimusPrime

Right foot hits the first step and right hand is on the hand rail, then the left hits the second step. Then, as the right is hitting the "floor" of the driver area, I release the handrail, and dunk the DIAD into the holder and sit down. Recently rode with both my center manager and DM, and neither said a thing about it. Also, both center manager and DM were cool with "any" three points of contact. Have a habit of closing the bulkhead door, then grabbing the open door as my third point.

rod

Retired 22 years
OK--next question:

What way do you look first when you come to a railroad crossing? Left or right?

(I can't believe you actually got 13 posts on what foot goes 1st when entering a package car) The correct answer is "who cares?"

What'dyabringmetoday???

OK--next question:

What way do you look first when you come to a railroad crossing? Left or right?

(I can't believe you actually got 13 posts on what foot goes 1st when entering a package car) The correct answer is "who cares?"
Now I won't be able to sleep. But I guess you are right. My thread does not measure up to all the other great threads that are so full of meaning on Brown Cafe.

texan

I thought it was a good question and some good answers. If one does the same motion with the same
appendage for 30 years without alternating, problems could occur in the body.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I thought it was a good question and some good answers. If one does the same motion with the same
appendage for 30 years without alternating, problems could occur in the body.

I'm all for alternate positions. Less wear and tear on the appendage is a good thing.