Question about FedEx Ground Hiring

Arctic

Hello everyone,

on Monday April 23, 2018 I had an interview at FedEx Ground; everything went very well. When I checked the status on FedEx Ground website, it list nothing there other than that I was registered for an interview on Monday. Previously, it said that it was completed. Now nothing. Is this normal? The hiring manager asked me if I had received an email link authorizing them to run a criminal background check. I replied yes and he said "okay, that is the next step, it can take as long as one day or one week," according to him. "After you will receive a call to come back for orientation, if everything clears." I know it will because I don't have a criminal background. Where I live FedEx is opening a massive new annex, something like 1.2 million square feet, and is hiring like 1000 package handlers for the new annex. The new annex will open at the end of August. Is the background check in progress? If so, should there be a message about this on the website when I log in? How long does it really take for them to do a background check? Is it possible I'm on a waiting list for the new annex? They wouldn't have me go to the current annex and move to the newer one later, right? Not sure if I could call the office with the number that was provided in the email (when I registered for the interview) in case I had any questions.

It will be fine

Hello everyone,

on Monday April 23, 2018 I had an interview at FedEx Ground; everything went very well. When I checked the status on FedEx Ground website, it list nothing there other than that I was registered for an interview on Monday. Previously, it said that it was completed. Now nothing. Is this normal? The hiring manager asked me if I had received an email link authorizing them to run a criminal background check. I replied yes and he said "okay, that is the next step, it can take as long as one day or one week," according to him. "After you will receive a call to come back for orientation, if everything clears." I know it will because I don't have a criminal background. Where I live FedEx is opening a massive new annex, something like 1.2 million square feet, and is hiring like 1000 package handlers for the new annex. The new annex will open at the end of August. Is the background check in progress? If so, should there be a message about this on the website when I log in? How long does it really take for them to do a background check? Is it possible I'm on a waiting list for the new annex? They wouldn't have me go to the current annex and move to the newer one later, right? Not sure if I could call the office with the number that was provided in the email (when I registered for the interview) in case I had any questions.
They will start training handlers for the new building a few weeks before it opens at other buildings in the area. It helps smooth the transition.

It will be fine

your worried about a possible job one day after interview that doesn't start till Aug? SMH
He applied for handler, there’s always openings, especially if they are opening a new building soon. They will plan on handlers moving around based on location and massive turnover at the new terminal. They’ll have 3-400% turnover the first year of a new building.

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
Hello everyone,

Hopefully you completed the background check stuff they emailed you right after you left the interview. They will schedule orientations in the order in which background checks get back to them first. You’re basicslly in a candidate queue.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He applied for handler, there’s always openings, especially if they are opening a new building soon. They will plan on handlers moving around based on location and massive turnover at the new terminal. They’ll have 3-400% turnover the first year of a new building.

So if they have 1000 jobs you are saying that they will go through 3-4K employees during just the first year alone? Yeah.....I don't think so.

It will be fine

So if they have 1000 jobs you are saying that they will go through 3-4K employees during just the first year alone? Yeah.....I don't think so.
Easily, most don’t make it through orientation let alone a week on the dock. For every ten they hire for preload 1 will stick around for a full year. These new buildings open up completely chaotically with inexperienced management.

Arctic

They got back in touch with me today; cbc only took 2 days. I start next week at the new terminal. Apparently the new terminal is up and running but is not completed yet (that is in August). My mistake. I apologize. Thanks for all the help.