Question about hiring

Traesh

I recent applied online and I assume I got the job. I filled out all the tax stuff and direct deposit. My orientation is tomorrow morning (I think). No one has contacted me, I’m just basing it off what my application status says on the ups website.

I just got a text from ups saying that my start date has been postponed, due to the background check still pending. It says to go online and reschedule my start date but when I sign on it shows the start date for orientation as still tomorrow. Should I be heading in or should I reschedule? I’m a bit confused as how I should be proceeding

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
I recent applied online and I assume I got the job. I filled out all the tax stuff and direct deposit. My orientation is tomorrow morning (I think). No one has contacted me, I’m just basing it off what my application status says on the ups website.

I just got a text from ups saying that my start date has been postponed, due to the background check still pending. It says to go online and reschedule my start date but when I sign on it shows the start date for orientation as still tomorrow. Should I be heading in or should I reschedule? I’m a bit confused as how I should be proceeding
Go by what the text says and reschedule

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Thanks for the reply. I went to schedule and now it is showing as no appointments available. Do I just check daily for new dates or should I be getting a phone call about a new start date?
Probably a text with your new orientation date scheduled probably a week or 2 from now

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Did you “forget” to put some things on your background check?

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
It seems like every peak season they are reinventing the wheel. Seems to me, once it's round you've pretty much nailed it.

Beau

same thing happened to me today

PPH_over_9000

Package volume dictates hiring and volume is still down.

While that's true, my drunken deciphering of this thread leads me to believe the issue is a pending background check-- which seems to be a common complaint this year from all the stuff I've seen here and on reddit.

If I were OP, I would just show up to the orientation on-time with the page saved on my phone. Show 'em why you're there if they try to play the ol' "no orientations today, sorry."

PT Car Washer

While that's true, my drunken deciphering of this thread leads me to believe the issue is a pending background check-- which seems to be a common complaint this year from all the stuff I've seen here and on reddit.

If I were OP, I would just show up to the orientation on-time with the page saved on my phone. Show 'em why you're there if they try to play the ol' "no orientations today, sorry."
Pending background check is just an excuse to keep potential new hires on the hook until needed.