Question about hubs/centers

PhatPattheRiverRat

So I used to live in Cincinnati and always wondered about this. There is a fairly large center on the edge of the city in the suburbs. There is a larger (hub?) just past downtown.

At the larger hub, it looks like almost all that comes and goes from it are feeders. The package trucks seem to be headquartered at the suburban center. So how does advancement work at one of these feeder-centric spots? Can you bid for full time package routes as a pt preload guy there, or only bid on feeder routes? Or am I wrong altogether?

So I used to live in Cincinnati and always wondered about this. There is a fairly large center on the edge of the city in the suburbs. There is a larger (hub?) just past downtown.

At the larger hub, it looks like almost all that comes and goes from it are feeders. The package trucks seem to be headquartered at the suburban center. So how does advancement work at one of these feeder-centric spots? Can you bid for full time package routes as a pt preload guy there, or only bid on feeder routes? Or am I wrong altogether?
Are you even on the union??

542thruNthru

Are you even on the union??

ZomboMeme 12012018150154.jpg

Box Ox

So how does advancement work at one of these feeder-centric spots? Can you bid for full time package routes as a pt preload guy there, or only bid on feeder routes? Or am I wrong altogether?

You can only bid on FT package routes if you've already won a bid to become a FT driver. Imagine feeder is the same.

If I could do it all over again I would've applied to a location with lots of feeder bids and plenty of spots open in sorts that are not preload.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I believe in most areas you bid for the package car driver job first. After that you can then sign a transfer list to the surrounding buildings. Losing building seniority in the process.

I have no clue how you do step #1 in a mostly-feeder hub however.

AndUPSER

I’m assuming you’re talking about the Sharonville building when you mention the hub? That’s actually a good mix of package cars and feeders. 3 different centers inside of it and 91 doors and 3 shifts for the feeders/hub workers.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Where can he get socks ??
When can he ask to go on His already planned vacation , and he will be the best driver we evah had !

PhatPattheRiverRat

I’m assuming you’re talking about the Sharonville building when you mention the hub? That’s actually a good mix of package cars and feeders. 3 different centers inside of it and 91 doors and 3 shifts for the feeders/hub workers.

I was referring to Sharonville as the center in the suburbs, but the one I was curious about is the Western Hills center, I think.