Question about Maintenance and applying

mitchemracing4

I was told by a 25 plus year maintenance employee that there was a couple spots open and to speak to his boss about getting on . Im wondering if anyone can tell me the type of tests they will give me if I am considered .

mitchemracing4

he is a plant employee and its not janitorial , Mostly they do spot welding if something has came loose , replace belts , and replace motors , rollers . and fix tables and such . Im not worried about a pee test . I do not do any kind of drugs so Im good .

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
plant engineering is a thankless job. It's not a horrible job, just have to deal with a corporate budget. Go into work everyday with your mind turned off, because there's going to be things you see that need replaced rather than fixed and it'd make more sense in the long run to replace it, but UPS works off a quarterly profit and not long term planning. They'll ask you depth of knowledge q's about welding, weight restrictions, and repair flow charts. If you've done any kind of PE then you'll be fine.

Leftinbuilding

he is a plant employee and its not janitorial , Mostly they do spot welding if something has came loose , replace belts , and replace motors , rollers . and fix tables and such . Im not worried about a pee test . I do not do any kind of drugs so Im good .

In our building this type of work was contracted out. Does your friend actually work FOR UPS?