Question about pph

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Can you actually get fired for this? We have a lead who rides our entire section. Lately he’s been crying about everyone pph. Being a complete :censored2: about it. Btw I’m past my 30 days probation. I don’t want to quit but this guy annoying as :censored2: .

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Can you actually get fired for this? We have a lead who rides our entire section. Lately he’s been crying about everyone pph. Being a complete :censored2: about it. Btw I’m past my 30 days probation. I don’t want to quit but this guy annoying as :censored2: .
When were you hired?
If it was between Easter and now, you are not past probation. You were, (and are), a seasonal hire until Labor day, then get to do your probation.

Otherwise, very unlikely. My understanding is that they would have to commit to time studies of the entire area to determine if you are actually "stealing" time.

Work at a safe pace. Always. Don't burn it up once, because then you'll always have to do so.

Much more likely is that if they don't like you, they'll start harassing you for methods violations, instead of speed. Which you'll have to combat with oversupervision and harassment grievances.

Find and talk to your steward. Bring him food.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
When were you hired?
If it was between Easter and now, you are not past probation. You were, (and are), a seasonal hire until Labor day, then get to do your probation.

Otherwise, very unlikely. My understanding is that they would have to commit to time studies of the entire area to determine if you are actually "stealing" time.

Work at a safe pace. Always. Don't burn it up once, because then you'll always have to do so.

Much more likely is that if they don't like you, they'll start harassing you for methods violations, instead of speed. Which you'll have to combat with oversupervision and harassment grievances.

Find and talk to your steward. Bring him food.

No I’m definitely past probation. I remember because I got a email congratulating me. Thanks though. I was just wondering because they try to pull that :censored2: on me. Couple other workers as well.

Last edited:

Ackerlin

Dude pph does not matter, you can be at 330 or 90 and they cannot do a thing about it, they won't ever "time study" that operation either. It's the supervisors and management's job to squeeze every little bit out of their workers, so they will always break balls about wanting more, and even if they scared 1 person into going faster its a bonus to them. You got nothing to worry about.

If they come to you and mention pph, ask them where in the contract that it states you are obligated to load at the pace that they want.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Dude pph does not matter, you can be at 330 or 90 and they cannot do a thing about it, they won't ever "time study" that operation either. It's the supervisors and management's job to squeeze every little bit out of their workers, so they will always break balls about wanting more, and even if they scared 1 person into going faster its a bonus to them. You got nothing to worry about.

Yeah and doesn’t help we’re short staffed. Half the hub quit during this whole pandemic. The morale has been real low, but I think a lot of it has to do with this lead we have. I don’t want to grieve and start a war. It’s a part time job lol. I want to come in get my hours and :censored2:ing leave.

Ackerlin

Yeah and doesn’t help we’re short staffed. Half the hub quit during this whole pandemic. The morale has been real low, but I think a lot of it has to do with this lead we have. I don’t want to grieve and start a war. It’s a part time job lol. I want to come in get my hours and :censored2:ing leave.

Don't be afraid to grieve as a part time loader, the target on your back won't be as big as say if you were a driver. Start that war, never know, could bring much needed change to that PD.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Don't be afraid to grieve as a part time loader, the target on your back won't be as big as say if you were a driver. Start that war, never know, could bring much needed change to that PD.

I don’t even know how or the process. We have a pretty strong union presence though.

Box Ox

Can you actually get fired for this? We have a lead who rides our entire section. Lately he’s been crying about everyone pph.

No. Let that idiot cry all he wants. Not worth getting hurt or putting undue wear and tear on your body trying to please him.

JustDeliverIt

If they bring up pph at all, the only thing you say is "I am working as safely and productively as I can". If they keep harassing you, find your steward. What you'll find is that as soon as you stand up for yourself they move on to the next person.