Question about pt sup and driver

SavagePickle

So I'm 100% aware from reading on here that the Pt sup job sucks. I would just like to know how much it pays since I couldn't find that answer on here. Also how long does if even take to become a driver, coming straight out of a package handler position.

km3

When they asked me to be a sup they said it was $300/week for 27.5 hours.

The wait to drive varies from location to location. Some places, you're looking at 10 years, and at others, you're looking at 6 months. Luck of the draw.

Dr.Brownz

So I'm 100% aware from reading on here that the Pt sup job sucks. I would just like to know how much it pays since I couldn't find that answer on here. Also how long does if even take to become a driver, coming straight out of a package handler position.

If you become PT sup there is no gurantee of moving out of that spot.

As PT handler just wait till you are near the top of the seniority list and you can become a driver (as long as local management doesnt hate you)

Box Ox

Whether you go PT sup or package handler, you'll probably be working in the middle of the night either way. Guys I went in with who went sup wanted more cash immediately. Regretted it in the long run.

SavagePickle

Well does ups train u to get a cdl if you're a package handler with hopes of " eventually" becoming a driver? Or is it up to you to obtain a cdl outside of ups? Sorry if these are stupid questions lol

BigD Bri

Well does ups train u to get a cdl if you're a package handler with hopes of " eventually" becoming a driver? Or is it up to you to obtain a cdl outside of ups? Sorry if these are stupid questions lol

UPS will train you and pay for your CDL, provided you have enough seniority to become a feeder driver.. Myself, I went preload, got a Seasonal Driving bid three weeks later (just finished driving school this morning). I'll drive through Peak, and most likely go back to preload unless I get lucky. My Integrad instructors seem to think my turn around to going FT Driver could be very quick, given how busy my hub is.. We'll see... As someone else here stated, depends on the needs of your hub..I will say this. You'll get more accurate advice here than you will HR or mgmt, even though it will vary a bit.. If you want to drive, stay away from PT Sup..

Mr. Marshall

Part time sup rate in my building is somewhere in the $14.50 an hour range. That $300 number is obviously not true as that is nearly the rate of inside employees.