Question about qualifying

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Just got off the phone with a BA. He said he just took a case like mine to panel and he lost. Driver was still dq’d
I don't know what to say other than that arbitrator or a member on your side of the panel is a POS in that specific case. You file for it anyways when the dust settles. I would run a losing panel just to gather names and spread crap afterwords.

roblejant

I don't know what to say other than that arbitrator or a member on your side of the panel is a POS in that specific case. You file for it anyways when the dust settles. I would run a losing panel just to gather names and spread crap afterwords.
He said the company has the final say if the driver qualifies or not

oldngray

nowhere special
It used to be if you scratched 5 days in a row they had to qualify you (if you didn't have an accident). With todays screwed up allowances running scratch is a lot harder and kind of a joke. They can still qualify you if you don't scratch but they don't have to.

nWo

Just keep showing up on time every day and do everything that's asked of you. Act and dress professionally. You can only deliver one stop at a time.

No need to update your TikTok 30 times a day when you're working. Not saying you do bit we have had plenty of guys that are snapchatting all day then they are surprised when they get DQd.

Have your pickups and business stops know that you are trying to qualify. Most of them will be more than happy to help.

And if you have a bad load. Just communicate that with a sup. Coming in and cursing out a preloader is not going to help you. Management wants to know you can handle stress and what not.

542thruNthru

It used to be if you scratched 5 days in a row they had to qualify you (if you didn't have an accident). With todays screwed up allowances running scratch is a lot harder and kind of a joke. They can still qualify you if you don't scratch but they don't have to.
Now they DQ you for any telematics violations like seat belt or bulkhead door.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
He said the company has the final say if the driver qualifies or not
They company can do whatever they want.
They also can argue whatever they want to demonstrate that you are being treated fairly, consistantly, the same as an outside hire. As per 2+ articles of the contract.
And they can do whatever pitty pouty crap at home they want when the panel decides against them.

Poop Head

Judge me.
No need to update your TikTok 30 times a day when you're working. Not saying you do bit we have had plenty of guys that are snapchatting all day then they are surprised when they get DQd.
If you make a tik tok that goes viral they are required to qualify you immediately.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Hello, currently on day 20 of package car driver and they have had me cover different routes twice, as well as worked me every Saturday since starting probation. Just today told me that if I don’t scratch the route 5 times in the last 10 days of probation then I will be dq’d. However they told me I scratched the route they had me cover on a Saturday. Should I be worried about being dq’d? Or am I already in because they took me off my training route for a couple days
I'm not sure what local you are but depending on the language you qualified on the day they had you run anything but your training route. Your steward should be on this. If it holds true in your local then if they do dq you file an easily winnable grievance.

roblejant

I'm not sure what local you are but depending on the language you qualified on the day they had you run anything but your training route. Your steward should be on this. If it holds true in your local then if they do dq you file an easily winnable grievance.
Local 63, I’m in southern california

35years

Gravy route
Just run like a deer and scratch EVERY day from here out. Then never run or work off the clock again after qualifying.

It is only a couple of weeks. When I qualified I came in an hour early. Set up the entire truck perfectly (saves 1/2 hour). Ran like crazy (saves 1/2 hour). Avoid all customer contact.

Setting up perfectly includes lip loaded, pals visible, bulk on floor sorted with labels visible. Floor cleared out as much as possible. Delivery notes filled out with date and boxes checked. Bags and supplies ready. Odometer recorded and pretrip done.

Or you can be lazy and count on a grievance, and gamble a $100k job as a result.

Off the leash

Just run like a deer and scratch EVERY day from here out. Then never run again after qualifying.

It is only a couple of weeks. When I qualified I came in an hour early. Set up the entire truck perfectly (saves 1/2 hour). Ran like crazy (saves 1/2 hour). Avoid all customer contact.

Setting up perfectly includes lip loaded, pals visible, bulk on floor sorted with labels visible. Floor cleared out as much as possible. Delivery notes filled out with date and boxes checked. Bags and supplies ready. Odometer recorded and pretrip done.

Or you can be lazy and count on a grievance, and gamble a $100k job as a result.
Words to live by, I ran like a rabbit my on my 30, no shame in it. The old timers schooled me, made damn sure I didn’t run after I made the list.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Hello, currently on day 20 of package car driver and they have had me cover different routes twice, as well as worked me every Saturday since starting probation. Just today told me that if I don’t scratch the route 5 times in the last 10 days of probation then I will be dq’d. However they told me I scratched the route they had me cover on a Saturday. Should I be worried about being dq’d? Or am I already in because they took me off my training route for a couple days
hello , let me introduce myself I am @MECH-lift

YOU WILL NEVER BE A RPCD
YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT TO TIMMYS BALL GAME
YOU WILL WORK SATURDAYS FOR LIFE!!!!
🧔✊

11.19igrad

Just run like a deer and scratch EVERY day from here out. Then never run or work off the clock again after qualifying.

great advice here. take it.

hello , let me introduce myself I am @MECH-lift

YOU WILL NEVER BE A RPCD
YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT TO TIMMYS BALL GAME
YOU WILL WORK SATURDAYS FOR LIFE!!!!
🧔✊
tenor (1) (30).gif