Question about Road Test

Buskowski

Hey guys, I have a road test for a package car driver coming up and I'm just curious about how hard it is. I can drive a stick and my dad has been a driver for 22 years so I learned to drive the ups way. I found on here that there is a 125 demerit system but that's all I could find about it.

Should I expect to pass and what would an average point value be? Just so I can compare how well I do.

oldngray

nowhere special
That "points system" is very arbitrary but the road test is easy to pass if you can demonstrate you are competent enough to give a chance to drive. You don't have to be perfect, just show you can safely drive a package car. And recite all the DOK crap too.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If you can safely drive a stick and don't scare the crap out of the sup testing you and you're not a dick then you should pass. Don't stall excessively, don't let the truck roll back and don't hit anything.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

By The Book

In our smaller center we only have automatics now. The previous class we had 2 guys fail with the manual truck. They, after a grievance/ panel were allowed to practice and retake the road test. They didn't get their spot back though.