Question about signed info notices..

NedFlanders

Im a first year cover driver and have a question about signed info notices.

I will get to a signature required stop and find a signed info notice on the door. Im not sure how to complete these stops. I try and hit the "deliver" key and then the "SDN" soft key in the bottom right corner. I assume this stands for signed delivery notice. Whenever i push that button, the screen comes up that say "No DR allowed, signature required". So i end up just leaving another infonotice. This has happened about 12 times.

How are these stops sheeted, am i doing something wrong?

Big Babooba

Im a first year cover driver and have a question about signed info notices.

I will get to a signature required stop and find a signed info notice on the door. Im not sure how to complete these stops. I try and hit the "deliver" key and then the "SDN" soft key in the bottom right corner. I assume this stands for signed delivery notice. Whenever i push that button, the screen comes up that say "No DR allowed, signature required". So i end up just leaving another infonotice. This has happened about 12 times.

How are these stops sheeted, am i doing something wrong?
If the package is signature required and nobody is there to sign for it, sheet it as a not in. You have to get a signature on the DIAD.

cino321

We're told to disregard signed delivery notices in my center, just leave another notice, tomorrow is another day.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I don't even know why there is a place on an Infonotice for the consignee to sign. If the tracking number tells the DIAD to get a signature, then thats what we have to do.

NedFlanders

ok that makes sense then.

Well, doesnt make sense that it says that people can sign info notices for packages, when they really can't. oh well

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
There are certain times the board will accept a sdn when a signature is required. I don't know what the correct criteria is though. Most notices I leave packages for are for apartments or other non DR areas.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
There are certain times the board will accept a sdn when a signature is required. I don't know what the correct criteria is though. Most notices I leave packages for are for apartments or other non DR areas.
There is a box to click on our Shipping Systems that let's the customer indicate that there is No Signature required.
The attached image is from Internet Shipping on UPS.com.
UIS DR.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

Here we can take the info notice to the OMS and they keep them filed for a while in case there is a problem. We have to write the address on the notice. If the package barcode prompts for a signature then we are allowed to sign (the customer's last name) for the package ourselves since the customer signed the info notice. If not then it becomes a DR stop. Either way we keep and file the notice. This is all at the driver's discretion so we don't have to leave a package just because the info notice is signed.

buttere

I use the signed delivery notice if I make an attemp at an apartment or a house with no safe place to leave the package, "out of sight, out of weather". If i come back the next day and the info notice is signed then I write the address and date on the back of the info notice and leave the package. You are pressing the right buttons on your diad, but you can't use a SDN if it requires a signature, they have to be there in person.

metrophillyslub

Here we can take the info notice to the OMS and they keep them filed for a while in case there is a problem. We have to write the address on the notice. If the package barcode prompts for a signature then we are allowed to sign (the customer's last name) for the package ourselves since the customer signed the info notice. If not then it becomes a DR stop. Either way we keep and file the notice. This is all at the driver's discretion so we don't have to leave a package just because the info notice is signed.
i have before just put "sdr" in the signature box then type in persons last name for clarification..

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Signature required means get a signature. If the customer complains explain to them that the clown that sent the pkg is demanding a signature in person. You are just the messenger following orders. Why risk your job for someone else.

Big Babooba

You have a NDA and the only shipper info is the return address-2100 Roosevelt Ave, Springfield, Massachusetts. The customer is not home (he is gone for a couple of days but you don't know it). You fill out the delivery notice and leave. The next day, the notice is signed. You sign the DIAD and leave the package. Congratulations, you just delivered a Smith & Wesson handgun!

Granted they usually are "adult signature required", but if you are willing to sign for a "signature required" package, or write sdn, why stop at that? If UPS requires a signature for a delivery (an apartment building for example), that's one thing. A SDN usually will cover you. If the shipper requests a signature, then you have to get one. They paid extra for that service and they should get what they paid for.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have suggested this before but here it is again. With a sig req pkg I fill out the info notice and take 2 extra seconds to cross out the signature line on the back. Many people don't stop to read exactly is required but is very obvious when they can't sign the info notice. It saves hassles. If my diad prompts sig req then that is what I get, on the diad. No SDN's.

If the stop is tagged with "no dr allowed" by the center, a SDN will work and can be entered as a sdn. If the prompt comes from the service code in the bar, sdn is not allowed. The methods of signing anything into the sig screen to circumvent the sig req can get you fired.

stringerman85

I have suggested this before but here it is again. With a sig req pkg I fill out the info notice and take 2 extra seconds to cross out the signature line on the back. Many people don't stop to read exactly is required but is very obvious when they can't sign the info notice. It saves hassles. If my diad prompts sig req then that is what I get, on the diad. No SDN's.

That's smart thinking

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Very good info, dilli, never thought to do this. I usually write on the bottom that a physical signature will be required, but now, as well as that, I will cross out the signature line on back.

brown bomber

brown bomber
shouldn't the signature required feature be burned into the barcode...A8 or A4...therefore a signature must be obtained...a signed del. notice can not be used...the stop can't be completed

No such person

Southern Ct.
We've been told that in our state ( Connecticut ) signed delivery notices aren't valid. Apparently the there was a court ruling on it a while ago. I just circle the part on the info notice where it says in person

UPSGUY72

You can get rid of the need signature and DR it by going big arrow up, move up to the address line than move over to the street name and push override then go big arrow done and you now can DR the package.

Two weeks ago a SUP showing me a new route showed me how to do it.

I wouldn't do it on the first delivery try for packages that say need signature on the label. But if I left a Info notice and someone sign it I would do it (depending on the location) and keep the info notice for a couple of weeks.

On some info notice they have signed in person on it I usually circle that. But people only see what they want.

The stop that say Need Signature and there is now need sigature on the label are for the people that have burned ups before saying they never got the package. I have a couple of those on my route. In those cases no signature in person no package gets left.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
When you override the street name, you are just clearing the Sig Req for a certain area or street.
That won't work when the bar code is requiring the signature.

I wish it did, but doesn't:surprised: