Question about start times and "inside building" times

The Driver

I drive.
When are officially being paid on the clock? At our start time or at our leave building time?

My start time has been 9:00 but I don't usually start the truck to leave the building until probably 9:12 or even 9:17 or so. I try to be as accurate as I can with my reported times.

The Driver

I drive.
Thanks. I figured as much but never knew for certain. So does my reporting exact leave building times help my numbers? Just curious. I never look at my SPOHR anymore anyway.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Thanks. I figured as much but never knew for certain. So does my reporting exact leave building times help my numbers? Just curious. I never look at my SPOHR anymore anyway.

Well, yeah it helps but who really cares about the metrics and numbers they come up with. Run the route as best you can and if they don't like maybe they can show you how to run it better. Their numbers are BS and the numbers are just for management to figure out how much work to load onto you.

born2Bwild

If you leave the building before your start time enter time left. You will get paid from leaving time and will become their problem to adjust your time. Under no event-with exception of written and documented note- you should change your starting time. Remember what happened in the east earlier this year.

aiian

When are officially being paid on the clock? At our start time or at our leave building time?

My start time has been 9:00 but I don't usually start the truck to leave the building until probably 9:12 or even 9:17 or so. I try to be as accurate as I can with my reported times.

Don't you keep track of your hours? If not, you should ~ on many occasions my numbers have been *accidentally* adjusted by our management team.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
You're in building time goes to the sort. That's why most sort managers are pushing drivers to get out of the building. The longer you are there, the worse the sort numbers are.

Once you leave building, it goes on your time. Like you said, I never cared about SPORH or over/under either. Although building time counts toward over/under, but not SPORH.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you leave the building before your start time enter time left. You will get paid from leaving time and will become their problem to adjust your time. Under no event-with exception of written and documented note- you should change your starting time. Remember what happened in the east earlier this year.

This is not true-----if you start early you must change your start time to make sure you are properly paid. You are not paid based on an early leave building time.

born2Bwild

This is not true-----if you start early you must change your start time to make sure you are properly paid. You are not paid based on an early leave building time.

You better confer with your sup. Or manager, leaving building prior to start time will be the start time. You NEVER Change your start time. They WILL change it.
They can come back and deny it and you you will be out the door charged with dishonest. Trust me happened to me only my case the supe acted honorably and admitted it was done with his permission.

upschuck

You're in building time goes to the sort. That's why most sort managers are pushing drivers to get out of the building. The longer you are there, the worse the sort numbers are.

Once you leave building, it goes on your time. Like you said, I never cared about SPORH or over/under either. Although building time counts toward over/under, but not SPORH.
This is true after the first 10 minutes(I think). 10 minutes goes to your center, and the rest of the time counts toward preload hours, but who cares, as long as they pay you correctly.