Staydryitsraining

I dont know excatly how things work also dont know why sometimes spell check works and it doesnt. So by all accounts so far it looks like hoffa and the other guy are selling us down the river. Lets say they do and we vote to strike. Lets say its a huge vote for yes or its just a vote for yes. Can those two worthless pos.s force the contract nationwide anyway? Can we be forced by them to go back to work? Can they say go back to work or loose your job? Do we as members nationwide have any actual power of things get bad between us and the leadership?

PT Car Washer

I dont know excatly how things work also dont know why sometimes spell check works and it doesnt. So by all accounts so far it looks like hoffa and the other guy are selling us down the river. Lets say they do and we vote to strike. Lets say its a huge vote for yes or its just a vote for yes. Can those two worthless pos.s force the contract nationwide anyway? Can we be forced by them to go back to work? Can they say go back to work or loose your job? Do we as members nationwide have any actual power of things get bad between us and the leadership?
Look at what happened last contract.

A yes strike vote doesn't mean we are going on strike. Why don't people understand this?

It just gives the union a little more leverage during negations.

If the Master contract is voted down, he can't impasse it

Tony Q

We are taking a strike authorization vote. It has never been made easier to do so and from the early counts on how many are participating its appalling. With that being said we will authorize a strike. we will vote on a contract and if the circumstances present themselves we will strike United Parcel Service, for better or worse.

PT Car Washer

We are taking a strike authorization vote. It has never been made easier to do so and from the early counts on how many are participating its appalling. With that being said we will authorize a strike. we will vote on a contract and if the circumstances present themselves we will strike United Parcel Service, for better or worse.
Don't bet the farm on a strike. We most likely will keep working under the old contract until the IBT imposes a settlement for the best of the majority of the members.

35years

Gravy route
Look at what happened last contract.
A majority nationwide voted yes. Some regions voted no. Not the same as a nationwide no majority on a proposed national contract.

If a majority votes no on a negotiated national contract proposal I don't think the Teamster leadership is obligated to call a strike. Someone had posted if we (nationwide) vote down 3 proposals presented to us a strike is mandated. I don't know the rule. Is anyone sure about this?

I don't believe we have ever voted down a proposal that the Union leadership encourages a yes vote on. This year may be the exception. But even if we vote down the initial proposal I don't think Hoffa will call a strike.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

IMG_1873.GIF

Please.. can we just get a contract to vote on!!

El Correcto

god is dead
Honestly this strike seems like killing a goose that lays golden eggs. I’ll probably vote in agreement with the union, then start eliminating my debt and going to school. I don’t like the whole UPS gig anyways, terrible company and I see a lockout coming in the future contracts not a strike.

Heavy Package

Honestly this strike seems like killing a goose that lays golden eggs.

Looks like someone is willing to accept UPS's "Last, best, and final offer."

This company needs a reality check this August. Hell, all management does is live in fantasyland with made-up numbers, new (but already waaaay outdated) technology that they think will make us more productive, and quite frankly the day-day harassment is out of hand.

It seems like half the people on here think the robots are coming to take over our jobs and save the world and deliver every package twice as fast at half the cost. If that day comes, which it won't, UPS would screw that up as well.

If the contract give concessions, etc. vote no and if we need to strike for better working conditions, pay, etc. then that's what we need to do. 60 days left and the clock is ticking.

Re-Raise

Vote Yes on the Strike vote and vote what you feel is best when a contract is offered.
As angry as I am sometimes at the company, I plan to keep an open mind on the contract proposal. There is no reason that both sides can’t come up with a solution that rewards the employees and shareholders in a company as successful as UPS.

john chesney

I still don’t see a strike coming.Too many other options like working under old contract.I believe I got a letter from the company in 97 saying I don’t have a job if I don’t come to work if I remember correctly.

bowhnterdon

If less that half of membership votes and it is voted down, the committee can impose the Master, at least that is the way I read the constitution