Question about working at 2 Fedex Locations

Can I work part time at one Fedex Express Station as a package handler and work Full Time as a Fedex Express Courier at another station?
I have been a package handler for a year now and I live close between the 2 stations that are constantly hiring.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Can I work part time at one Fedex Express Station as a package handler and work Full Time as a Fedex Express Courier at another station?
I have been a package handler for a year now and I live close between the 2 stations that are constantly hiring.
Transfer to one of the stations as a FT courier and pick up extra hours there.

Artee

We used to have a few RT drivers that would go run routes at stations when they had off day. The stations needed bodies and they were willing to put the RT drivers under their budget and take the hours charge. The RT was not going to pay the driver on the day off for working at a station, but if the station wanted to pay them it was open season for extra hours if you wanted to go back and do courier work. Just had to watch the hours and make sure it did not impact your job at RT.

MAKAVELI

We used to have a few RT drivers that would go run routes at stations when they had off day. The stations needed bodies and they were willing to put the RT drivers under their budget and take the hours charge. The RT was not going to pay the driver on the day off for working at a station, but if the station wanted to pay them it was open season for extra hours if you wanted to go back and do courier work. Just had to watch the hours and make sure it did not impact your job at RT.
Days off I can see that but not the same days.

From what I heard from the drivers FT Couriers start out at a little over 500.00 per week? and some drivers have told me its not a guaranteed 40 hours per week.
I guess you cannot get guaranteed OT?

MAKAVELI

From what I heard from the drivers FT Couriers start out at a little over 500.00 per week? and some drivers have told me its not a guaranteed 40 hours per week.
I guess you cannot get guaranteed OT?
As a full-timer you are guaranteed 35 hours but the caveat is you cannot turn down any work during your shift to get that guarantee. Peak is coming up soon everyone will be getting overtime it's after peak you have to worry about.

BootsOnTarmac

You will have a domicile and manager at a single location. I have seen during peak times other stations requesting help which gives you extra hours. This is usually done in the AHEAD system or a signup sheet put out by your manager. All extra hours cannot conflict with your regular work schedule and you generally can't work 7 day weeks or over 12 hours/day. I have been offered a 7th day in the past during peek but turned it down because I have a life.

I have seen many RTD's who have SIDA access work extra hours at the airport as handlers pulling overtime hours for big bucks! They are some of the best handlers!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
O
Not if he's non DOT. But I doubt FedEx management would allow that anyway I never heard of somebody working two different stations at the same time.
Official Company Policy states that both DOT and non-DOT are held to the same hours of service restrictions........unless a situation arises.......or it's peak........or management doesn't care what policy states. Sigh

dex 84

O

Official Company Policy states that both DOT and non-DOT are held to the same hours of service restrictions........unless a situation arises.......or it's peak........or management doesn't care what policy states. Sigh

They still watch the 14/10 rules for the non-dot couriers but the 70/8 seems to be fair game.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
They still watch the 14/10 rules for the non-dot couriers but the 70/8 seems to be fair game.

Im just a dumbo truck driver, but dunno how we get 70 hours cap while our brownie counterparts get 60 hours a week