Question concerning seniority. "On Topic"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insuruto

I work part time on the reload sort usually as an air loader and often I cover for international auditing. I was asked if I wanted to be a cover driver and I accepted. I have done all the web based training, dot physical, and passed the road test. The next step is going to the 5 day driving class. Since I cover for internationals the main employee that audits internationals is on vacation next week, so I can't go to driving class until after he comes back. There is another employee with less seniority than myself that is scheduled to go to driving class next week. I was told whoever was ready first for class goes first. Well we both were ready the same night but shouldn't I go before him or at the least the same week as him? Also doesn't that mean he will have more "driver seniority" than me? I asked some friends that are drivers what I should do and they said file a grievance. I just don't want to make bad blood with my future supervisors before I even get to be a cover driver. I am afraid they may find a way to surpass me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
[B]Insuruto[/B]
As a new member, you should understand how the "On Topic" works.
The moderators do not monitor this thread to ensure compliance.
The Mods will react to any reported post.
The threads OP (Original Poster) normally reports any thread not on topic and the Mods will take appropriate action.

Status
Not open for further replies.