Question Does Anyone Know?

Over disciplined0123

Hi does anyone know how many people voted total for the last contract at UPS . I would assume knowing Parttimers have the majority vote and knowing most do not vote that the numbers could be pretty close to half or less then half. I can tell you now that if they Pass this :censored2: contract through it will be the end of Labor Unions And the Unionized workforce which took decades to establish in some cases . I was raised with the notion of being proud to be in a union , Integrity,Solidarity,Strength, mostly providing a decent wage for the average American to live the American Dream ... Can some one Tell me what the hell is going on here and what is this world coming to .. I guess always will be the ones with the most Money always win ....If they pass this contract through from a loophole in the constitution then UPS finally got what they wanted and busted the union , and not just here but freakin everywhere

WTFm8

B4352546-082C-4BC1-ADCF-6D08DE372B03.jpeg
Is there a link available to see the vote totals in real time, as they’re being counted tomorrow?

Over disciplined0123

Yes but then again this is a important contract. The 97 contract had record number of voters. But then in I think it was 1993 or 1994. (Because back then they were only 3 or 4 year contracts). Only like 25000 voted when I believe there where 100,000 employees

Yes but then again this is a important contract. The 97 contract had record number of voters. But then in I think it was 1993 or 1994. (Because back then they were only 3 or 4 year contracts). Only like 25000 voted when I believe there where 100,000 employees
What makes this contract so important? Wage increases could have been a little better but $40/hr at the end is hard to complain about. Improvements in the pension. PT starting pay could have been more but UPS is already starting new hires at $15 to $20/hr. PT in the middle got screwed but what else is new?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
What makes this contract so important? Wage increases could have been a little better but $40/hr at the end is hard to complain about. Improvements in the pension. PT starting pay could have been more but UPS is already starting new hires at $15 to $20/hr. PT in the middle got screwed but what else is new?

Only to a few FT delivery drivers. Most drivers already got theirs and a lot of PT don't want the job or would be willing to sacrifice for a few years before advancing to a regular delivery driver job. Just like they do now working PT for 1/3 the hourly rate of a 22.4 job. Or working the 4 year progression. I see no difference.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Only to a few FT delivery drivers. Most drivers already got theirs and a lot of PT don't want the job or would be willing to sacrifice for a few years before advancing to a regular delivery driver job. Just like they do now working PT for 1/3 the hourly rate of a 22.4 job. Or working the 4 year progression. I see no difference.
Free reign to subcontract feeders for 5 years.
The end of rpcd and 22.3
Less then inflation wage increases
No real changes to 9.5 or 70hrs
No overtime protection 22.4

Free reign to subcontract feeders for 5 years.
The end of rpcd and 22.3
Less then inflation wage increases
No real changes to 9.5 or 70hrs
No overtime protection 22.4
That is little over the top. I make 350% more then a new PT hire and no one has gotten rid of me or the other Red Circle PT. In fact most weeks I make more then a FT delivery driver in progression.

Over disciplined0123

Because if they introduce a two tier wage scale with people doing the same job at

diffenert pay adding they hybrid drivers it will be chaotic atmosphere. Just what they did with the auto workers years ago. Now new hires getting a job at gm or Ford make half the starting pay as being hired in 1990s
well most of all no votes will be from the friend/T drivers who basically sacrifice thier life’s for UPS. Basically thier home life and personal life is just about non existent while being a friend/T driver. ..

Last edited:

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
That is little over the top. I make 350% more then a new PT hire and no one has gotten rid of me or the other Red Circle PT. In fact most weeks I make more then a FT delivery driver in progression.
When You eventually retire no one will ever make your red circled wage.

Because if they introduce a two tier wage scale with people doing the same job at diffenert pay adding they hybrid drivers it will be chaotic atmosphere. Just what they did with the auto workers years ago. Now new hires getting a job at gm or does

well most of all no votes will be from the friend/T drivers who basically sacrifice thier life’s for UPS. Basically thier home life and personal life is just about non existent while being a friend/T driver. ..
Sorry I missed out on being a FT delivery driver. Sounds like a wonderful existence.

WTFm8

PT starting pay could have been more but UPS is already starting new hires at $15 to $20/hr. PT in the middle got screwed but what else is new?

They aren’t paying PT $15-$20 at my building that does 35-40 routes per day (40-42 this week cause of this mamdatory 9.5 BS).

They start at the national $10.35-$11/hr... meanwhile 25 minutes up the road the hub is paying $14/hr

WTFm8

Then head up the road.

I’m a driver in progression so it doesnt matter as much except days ‘off’ when they say it’s mandatory to help.

I’m just stating the staffing issue that my building has is because the union is weak. Both buildings under same local yet different pay scales due to the volume of packages.

We also have 4 Amazons within 30 minutes, a FedEx hub 20 minutes away that pay $14.50+, and multiple other arehouse jobs in $15-$18 range.

CalDrvr06

Ups is a goood job. Pay,benefits. But we all know they OWN u mon. Thru-fri and practically all day too. No half days in our industry or going hm with half the truck left to deliver. And were in the elements every sec were on the clock. So ya a lil more $ would have been nice and maybe another few option days. Vote no!