Question for anyone who has gotten tested

Brown Down

I was tested a few weeks ago(negative thankfully) and just received a bill for it. I thought the testing was fully covered by our insurance. Has anyone else received a bill not fully covered by your insurance. Mine is anthem blue cross blue shield if it helps.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The co-pay, co-insurance and deductibles are all supposed to be waived if you are directed to be tested. I don't know if this applies if you ask to be tested without a doctor's order.

I got tested this past Wednesday. Had the results Friday morning-----negative. I was not asked for my health insurance card.

Brown Down

I was directed to get tested by a doctor. Might have to call my locals head office and find out why it's not fully covered

JustDeliverIt

I was tested a few weeks ago(negative thankfully) and just received a bill for it. I thought the testing was fully covered by our insurance. Has anyone else received a bill not fully covered by your insurance. Mine is anthem blue cross blue shield if it helps.

I also have BC/BS and my daughter was tested Tuesday (also a negative, thankfully). I'll have to look, but we were at the doc's for something else and the test was ordered before any procedure could be done. Just assumed it was covered but will have to check now.

542thruNthru

Did you call your plan?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
The co-pay, co-insurance and deductibles are all supposed to be waived if you are directed to be tested. I don't know if this applies if you ask to be tested without a doctor's order.

I got tested this past Wednesday. Had the results Friday morning-----negative. I was not asked for my health insurance card.
Oohh boy. Smh. Give it up. Just a little.

iruhnman630

I was. Called in for not feeling well and having a few of the symptoms and was told I had to get tested
You are lucky.

I wasn't able to get tested but was told I would probably test positive.

Dry cough, fever, headache, chills, shivering, no appetite, malaise.

Good times.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What were you tested for?