Question For Mechanics!

WTFm8

The ones at my building hate the Mercedes powered cause they said the trucks are put together crappy.

6.0 GM has oil pump issues with bypass staying open losing oil pressure at idle (experinced once myself now).

Older 7.3 International/Powerstroke they like cause they’re tanks but dislike cause how slow they are. They prefer the 99+ with bigger turbo/injectors.

Cummins have boost/excess off-idle smoke issues, the 4bt are almost all slow at our building except 1 that lopes a little at idle and takes off pretty good.

6.0 Ford is junk.

New V10 friend series is too new to tell.

I know all the 4bt and older 7.3s at my building don’t have govenors that work.

BigBrownboxx

The ones at my building hate the Mercedes powered cause they said the trucks are put together crappy.

6.0 GM has oil pump issues with bypass staying open losing oil pressure at idle (experinced once myself now).

Older 7.3 International/Powerstroke they like cause they’re tanks but dislike cause how slow they are. They prefer the 99+ with bigger turbo/injectors.

Cummins have boost/excess off-idle smoke issues, the 4bt are almost all slow at our building except 1 that lopes a little at idle and moved pretty good.

6.0 Ford is junk.

New V10 friend series is too new to tell.

I know all the 4bt and older 7.3s at my building don’t have govenors that work.
i also forgot, we have a workhorse with a big block chevy with dual exhaust and no governor the motor is bigger than a 454, truck hauls ass but that’s the only one i’ve saw

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
Cummins 6bt's perform well here. Also we have CNG here, 5.9 Cummins CNG's are pretty reliable when maintained properly, they have lot of head gasket and side cover gasket leaks but are both fairly easy to repair. GM 6.0 gassers are fine but go through plugs and wires like crazy also a lot of front crank seal leaks.

brostalss

i also forgot, we have a workhorse with a big block chevy with dual exhaust and no governor the motor is bigger than a 454, truck hauls ass but that’s the only one i’ve saw

I had a Workhorse P12 with a Chevy big block 396. Tons of power. I smoked everyone on the freeway. Loved that truck. Governed at 74mph.

oldngray

nowhere special
They were almost bullet proof. In our center every truck we had in the early days had a 300 cc Ford six
When I started my center had a few P600's that were Fords but most were GMC's with 292's. We had some old oddball stuff floating around like some funky P400's and even an old furniture truck.