Question for Nevada Upsers

Is there a hub in Henderson? or only in Las Vegas? either way, how long is it taking to go from part-time to package car driver? Just looking for a rough estimate. . . thanks in advance

lvgolfer962

there are 2 buildings, one on the north side and one on the south side of las vegas. We still have 2 full-time drivers in our center that have been laid off for the better part of 2 years(they get a call back from time to time on fridays), so i think its going to take a while for anyone new to come up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

there are 2 buildings, one on the north side and one on the south side of las vegas. We still have 2 full-time drivers in our center that have been laid off for the better part of 2 years(they get a call back from time to time on fridays), so i think its going to take a while for anyone new to come up.

Are these drivers working in the hub to get their hours?

lvgolfer962

Are these drivers working in the hub to get their hours?

yea, most go back to work in the building but some that know they are only going to be out a few weeks just collect unemployment

Are you talking about the North center or South center that has 2 on layoff?

Im in the south building and there are 3 centers. In my center we have the 2 guys i mentioned and theirs 4-5 get laid off every now and then for a few weeks at a time. I dont really keep tabs on the other centers, but im sure they have more lay offs since our center handles the strip, conventions and alot of malls(lots of volume).

lvgolfer, what about for part-time employees? I'm thinking of transferring to your center because I will be moving to Henderson. Are there alot of part-timers on layoff too? Either way I am still making the move but just curious about the current situation. Are there many drivers close to retirement? Thanks

lvgolfer962

Not a 100%, but i dont think that there are any part-timers on layoff(between people quiting and getting fired its a pretty good turn over rate) . It seems like there should be a bunch of drivers getting ready to retire, but with the way things are they might be staying on for a few more years