Question for NYC Drivers.

ups1990

Back in the spring of 2005. The whole family took a trip to New York City. As we were walking the streets of Manhattan, I, noticed UPS drivers in their trucks waiting for customers to bring their pu volume. They would come with push carts and hand trucks and give the boxes to the driver.

Was it due to the fact that getting around is nearly impossible during rush hour? and only these particular drivers?.

pupnadolly

Yes, a route in Manhattan may only be a block or two. I would move my package car twice in a day. Some customers come down to meet you to rather than wait . Its covenient for them and us. Its a practice thats been going on for many years.

ups1990

Yes, a route in Manhattan may only be a block or two. I would move my package car twice in a day. Some customers come down to meet you to rather than wait . Its covenient for them and us. Its a practice thats been going on for many years.
Makes sense. Are these routes time studied this way?

Can't wait to go back and visit someday, God willing.

rod

Retired 22 years
A UPS driver who shines his shoes? Give that man a raise:happy2: On second thought he don't have a pocket full of stuff so he must be an on car killing time

P

pickup

Man you got a good eye for detail. I think a pretzel dog is hot dog and instead of a bun on the outside, the outside layer is the material of a soft baked pretzel. Maybe nathan's website would have more about this .

Tiny Panda

LLPretzelDog.jpg

Essentially what we call a Sausage roll here in the UK

29th Christmas

The truck is brand new, that's why it's clean! :happy-very:

Seriously, look inside the cab, it looks spotless.
EXCEPT FOR THE SCRAPE ON THE BUMPER I JUST NOTICED.

Tiny Panda

very nice shots with your camera Panda

Cheers i went snap happy in NYC, took about 2000 pics lol

One thing i noticed was the UPS safety flags on the back of the trucks, anyone know what these are for? Is it just to show that there is a guy somewhere near the vehicle working

1080Driver

The bright orange safety flags were a HOT item recently....the thinking was to make us more visible. My center recently got rid of the flags, we now have magnetic stickers that attach to the arms of the rear bumper.

No such person

Southern Ct.
Our center just added the safety flags too. Supposedly the've cut down on " hit while parked accidents " , but if you have to take the highway to your route they will eventually tear off.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Cheers i went snap happy in NYC, took about 2000 pics lol

One thing i noticed was the UPS safety flags on the back of the trucks, anyone know what these are for? Is it just to show that there is a guy somewhere near the vehicle working

They're for "safety". I guess the Big Brown pkg car, parked illegally, is invisible.

helenofcalifornia

What I thought was cool about the trucks in NYC were the NDA mail slots on the sides of the trucks. You could drop off air without going to the UPS store or finding a driver.