question for pretzel regarding signature allowance

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
seems our local IE has deemed our center as a DR center , meaning the signature allowance is gone, im curious as to how a center becomes a DR only center??

UPS Lifer

seems our local IE has deemed our center as a DR center , meaning the signature allowance is gone, im curious as to how a center becomes a DR only center??

Back in 1988 my center Pasadena out of the defunct MLA District was the last center to convert to DR.....that was 22 years ago! Is your district in some kind of time warp? :wink2:
azflag1.gif

hellfire

Back in 1988 my center Pasadena out of the defunct MLA District was the last center to convert to DR.....that was 22 years ago! Is your district in some kind of time warp? :wink2:
what.??? so you are saying nobody in the country gets a allowance for signatures...??????

hellfire

Signature allowance can't be gone because all commercial addresses require a signature.
yes,, but due to the integrity issue of drivers getting ""too many "" sigs at resis all resi stops will be deemed dr stops,,, so.. no sig time allowance on them

hellfire

Do you still get paid by the hour?
.--------------------------------listen doctor,, no allowance means bigger planned days ,,which means more overallowed,,, which means stressed on roads which means stressed center manager which equals misery on the hourly.................................................i had a simple question,,i dont need rhetoric or opinions,, i know the obvious,, --------- where is pretzel......................

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Interesting. I probably shouldn't mention this here, but management has told me that my route actually gets a higher allowance for DR's than signatures. Go figure.

705red

Browncafe Steward
.--------------------------------listen doctor,, no allowance means bigger planned days ,,which means more overallowed,,, which means stressed on roads which means stressed center manager which equals misery on the hourly.................................................i had a simple question,,i dont need rhetoric or opinions,, i know the obvious,, --------- where is pretzel......................

Getting dipped in more salt and popcorn, its almost time for the Blackhawks faceoff

SWORDFISH

I have done some experimenting as a cover driver being curious of different allowances. I noticed that some routes dont get any allowance for resi sigs and some get a good amount of extra time. I cant explain why but I did it on routes that I know really well so Im familiar w/ the allowances.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm sure pretzel will tell you there is a standard amount of time for a DR as apposed to a signature. It doesn't vary from area to area.