Question for satellite drivers, ONLY

satellitedriver

I will add to this thread later. It is a quarter to 12 and I only got home an hour ago.
My plan is to drive to the center, in about 5 hours, and basically say, :censored2::censored2::censored2: is going on.
Today a new plan was implemented, a helper drives a loaded car down to me and we swap trucks.
They sent a 13hr day down and just said make it work.
So, 3 hrs of sleep and 110miles later, I will be at the center explaining a few things to my center manager in the morning.
Thank God it will be happening on a Friday!

max1391

to all sattelite drivers fight for your rights and dont get abused ive been on sattelite for about a year. we had no rest rooms i contacted our so called stewart got the run around so i contacted a human rights lawyer we got keys to the building next to our drop location.we do not allow management to call us on our cell phones nor do we call to meet other drivers to drop pickups off let management set it up and contact you via diad and dont be afraid to file 9.5 its cutting others out of work by not doing it.They will try to get back at you using every trick not in the book so do your job by the methods and drive the speed limit always,if your given a direct order that may be questionable document it ,do it in a safe manner and file file file.We are here to do a job, do it well but dont be taken advantage of.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I will add to this thread later. It is a quarter to 12 and I only got home an hour ago.
My plan is to drive to the center, in about 5 hours, and basically say, :censored2::censored2::censored2: is going on.
Today a new plan was implemented, a helper drives a loaded car down to me and we swap trucks.
They sent a 13hr day down and just said make it work.
So, 3 hrs of sleep and 110miles later, I will be at the center explaining a few things to my center manager in the morning.
Thank God it will be happening on a Friday!
Did you catch up your sleep yet? :happy-very:

UPSviking

to all sattelite drivers fight for your rights and dont get abused ive been on sattelite for about a year.

So only a year and yet so bitter already...............

"i contacted our so called stewart got the run around so i contacted a human rights lawyer"

So if your Steward don´t give you the attention you want, your next step is an human rights lawyer!?, have you been to the UN yet?

" They will try to get back at you using every trick not in the book so do your job by the methods and drive the speed limit always,if your given a direct order that may be questionable document it ,do it in a safe manner and file file file.We are here to do a job, do it well but dont be taken advantage of."

Sounds like you are the one using every trick in the book......:slap:

tieguy

Banned
to all sattelite drivers fight for your rights and dont get abused ive been on sattelite for about a year. we had no rest rooms i contacted our so called stewart got the run around so i contacted a human rights lawyer we got keys to the building next to our drop location.we do not allow management to call us on our cell phones nor do we call to meet other drivers to drop pickups off let management set it up and contact you via diad and dont be afraid to file 9.5 its cutting others out of work by not doing it.They will try to get back at you using every trick not in the book so do your job by the methods and drive the speed limit always,if your given a direct order that may be questionable document it ,do it in a safe manner and file file file.We are here to do a job, do it well but dont be taken advantage of.

I don't get it. why would you want to have such an antaganistic work relationship to look forward to each day. Second why would you encourage others to have the same screwed up relationship each day? Sounds to me like a little communication would solve most of your problems at work. Turning the phone off won't help things.

I don't get it. why would you want to have such an antaganistic work relationship to look forward to each day. Second why would you encourage others to have the same screwed up relationship each day? Sounds to me like a little communication would solve most of your problems at work. Turning the phone off won't help things.
Following the contract will though.

max1391

Not at all bitter I actually like the job but I wont be taken advantage of and I also am aware that they are not always looking out for my best interest.I am replaceable

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Well, lets see now.

You bring the guy into the office one morning and chew him out for being overallowed. So the next day when he hustles a bit more and gives you 110%, you bring him into the office and chew him out for showing "excessive backing" on his Telematics report. Or maybe you chew him out for his bulkhead door popping open once while the vehicle was moving. Or, you ride his ass for being less than 80% "on trace". Or perhaps you accuse him of stealing time because your Telematics gizmo says he broke trace 90 seconds before he entered his lunch time. Or maybe you bitch at him for not turning in enough sales leads, or failing to regurgitate your 10 pt commentary verbatim, or because he was less than 85% effective on "pickup compliance" or some other flavor of the week. No matter what happens.... you will see to it that any action he takes to get off of one of your "reports" will simply cause him to show up on a different one.

So you tell me...why would he want to have an antagonistic work relationship with you?