Question for veteran drivers..

ChrisTheBrown

Not complaining, really just happy to be out driving again, at least through peak..Just wondering if any of you package car driving legends had to start using a U Haul (or Penske, Ryder, etc.) moving van during your first peak..It seems that most of the drivers at my center started their first few peaks using a moving van...Just is a pain, miss my package car :'( been using a U Haul the past week, had a Penske on Black Friday.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I love my Public radio station all day running misloads. Rentals are terrible to deliver out of which is why they give the package cars to the proven hot shots. Give the rentals to bulk stops and pick ups.

ChrisTheBrown

Route I've been running has 3 bulk stops & between 70-80 stops..Which is cake, obviously. Then they have me do one of our 25 year driver's pickups, which is usually between 15-21 pickup stops. So I'm still putting in a 8.5-9 hour day, based on the pickup times.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Not complaining, really just happy to be out driving again, at least through peak..Just wondering if any of you package car driving legends had to start using a U Haul (or Penske, Ryder, etc.) moving van during your first peak..It seems that most of the drivers at my center started their first few peaks using a moving van...Just is a pain, miss my package car :'( been using a U Haul the past week, had a Penske on Black Friday.

Sent using BrownCafe App
chris brown.png
lol

Route I've been running has 3 bulk stops & between 70-80 stops..Which is cake, obviously. Then they have me do one of our 25 year driver's pickups, which is usually between 15-21 pickup stops. So I'm still putting in a 8.5-9 hour day, based on the pickup times.

Sent using BrownCafe App
What I did last year. Started at 9 and off around 5:30 most nights. Easy peak.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Rentals are what nightmares are made of.
And you better have a jumper if you got a rental. If you have a rental you better just be doing bulk or post offices and pickups. We have a couple senior guys that are running out of rentals but its like I said bulk, post offices and pickups. Now that's not a bad gig out of a rental.

ChrisTheBrown

Not for me, jumpman..No jumper for this 1st peak rookie driver. I prefer to do it myself anyways, it's easy. Just sucks that there aren't any shelves, packages are always all out of place.

Sent using BrownCafe App

And you better have a jumper if you got a rental. If you have a rental you better just be doing bulk or post offices and pickups. We have a couple senior guys that are running out of rentals but its like I said bulk, post offices and pickups. Now that's not a bad gig out of a rental.
Hate the post office but yeah I can handle pick ups with a U Haul.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Lol a couple? We've got 30 or 40 bid routes going out in rentals for peak.

BrownArmy

SUP: You've driven a rental, right?

ME: What's a rental?

SUP: You know, the 'Budget' trucks...

ME: Um, all these trucks are kind of budget trucks... I mean, right?

SUP: No, the 'BUDGET' trucks, the rentals...

ME: What's a rental?

SUP: ***

ME: ???

SUP: Can you drive a rental or not?

ME: You're going to need to be more specific.

SUP: About what?

ME: About, what is a 'rental'?

SUP: THE BUDGET TRUCKS!!#$?.........(sups' head explodes)

Long story short, I PRE-TRIP the hell out of those BUDGET trucks...

Sent using BrownCafe App
The one and only time I ever got one I screwed it up so bad they didn't want none after that.