Question: HAS GENERAL PRESIDENT HOFFA EVER ADDRESSED US 22.3'S, EVER?

Brown to Brown

Does anyone know if Hoffa has addressed the 22.3 situation at all? Maybe in the magazine or on the IBT website or on a conference call or at the National Panel? At all? Once? Maybe a mumble? Or a an utter? ...whisper? disguised cough? Just thinking, if he hasn't in all of the time that has passed on this issue and me and so many other co members suffering, does he not really care? Time is almost up for Hoffa!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
International Breaks Silence on 22.3 Jobs

August 16, 2010: For two years, the Hoffa administration looked the other way while UPS eliminated full-time jobs.
Now Hoffa and hall are kicking the problem back down to the locals.
For two years, the Hoffa administration has looked the other way while UPS has eliminated thousands of full-time combo jobs in violation of Article 22.3, which requires the company to maintain 20,000 combo positions.
The International refused to hear a single grievance on the issue at the national panel. hall, who as Package Division Director is in charge of our union’s contract enforcement at UPS, explained his inaction by saying it “wasn’t the right time” to enforce the contract.
Changing His Tune
Now that Hall has been named Hoffa’s running mate for the 2011 election, he is changing his tune. On a recent national conference call, Hall announced that the IBT is taking action.
His solution? Hall is taking all the Article 22.3 grievances that have wound their way to the national panel back and kicking them back down to the locals.
Hall said local unions are to meet with the company. If the full-time jobs aren’t filled, Hall claims the IBT will move forward nationally.
The International Union has not provided any guidelines to UPS locals. It has just dropped the issue in their lap.

Brown to Brown

I'm with you guys too. My wife wonders why the hell do I pay dues. She has read the contract language and saw their salaries and said that we would be fools to support Hoffa. Bad thing is, I almost got into a fight with my union rep earlier this year. I will apologize because what he said was actually true. He said that it was much bigger than any local could handle by theirselves just like the arbitration that started this mess. The smoke is clearing now.

I'm with you guys too. My wife wonders why the hell do I pay dues. She has read the contract language and saw their salaries and said that we would be fools to support Hoffa. Bad thing is, I almost got into a fight with my union rep earlier this year. I will apologize because what he said was actually true. He said that it was much bigger than any local could handle by theirselves just like the arbitration that started this mess. The smoke is clearing now.
Your union rep is right the international needs to step up. There is only so much your local can do.
As far as paying dues I've shadowed my business agent quite a bit and he works around the clock. In my opinion be is not paid enough. This guy gets no thanks for his efforts just :censored2: from members and the company. I tell him he is doing a good job regularly but that's far and few between as far as members go. So the dues I pay as a steward yes I pay my dues are worth it by far.
Thank you local 407

Brown to Brown

Well 407 I guess that I was letting off steam. I actually have a patient rep. As many times as I can count, he returns my calls, doesn't hesitate to see me when I just pop in at the union hall and he gave me his cell number years ago. I guess that the paying dues comment was geared more towards the international level. Sorry to my local union, but I know some of that dues money goes to the International. And with you being a steward, thank you for the job you do too 407 and have a wonderful holiday!

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
boring-class.jpg

Brown to Brown

Hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa

Brown to Brown

I give up Brothers and Sisters. I guess until you have your own personal givebacks on issues in the contract, many just don't give a damn about the union as a whole. I quit this, YOU'VE WON. I QUIT! Good luck to you all. Hope your personal lives don't get turned upside down because if it does, you'll see no one gives a <bleep>