Question: Nook or Kindle

over9five

Staff member
Wifey and I have Kindles. As I've never even seen a Nook, I can't help you to decide.

BUT.....

Kindle has an app that I've downloaded to my phone. You can read any book in your Kindle on your phone and it syncs back and forth. Anywhere you left off in one device, the other device will start you right there. This is really great for at work, you don't have to bring your Kindle, but you always have your phone.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This same question was asked on my high school site and Kindle won hands down.

Most mentioned the one that's not the $79, but one up from that.

Some mentioned that the cheapest one doesn't have wireless built in and you have to connect it to a computer.

You can exchange books with others plus get library books too.

Also, some libraries are offering free programs to review the different readers out there and shows you the advantages of one over another. Check out a workshop to get you questions answered. This is all they mentioned on my class site.

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I bought a Kindle for my son last Christmas, he loves it. The first one went out about six months later, and Amazon replaced it with no problem. The second one he had two days and he barely bumped it and it failed. He made the mistake of telling Amazon's Customer Service that, so they refused to replace it. He was having such a fit without it I bought another one. I don't have any experience with the Nook, so I don't know the difference between them. I have delivered a ton of Kindles though, and everybody seems to love them.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
That new kindle fire is supposed to be amazing. I haven't seen one in person, but the reviews have been really good and I already have an amazon prime account so it could access all of that streaming content plus get 1 free book a month. The fire does music, books, magazines and streaming content. If I didn't need a new phone more than a kindle I'd be asking Santa to get me one for Christmas.

Kindle Fire vs. Nook Tablet: How to choose | Android Atlas - CNET Reviews