Question on Offer Letter

FedexCares

Hello guys,

I have been with Fedex for just over a year, and was was recently offered a FT courier position that I'm most likely going to take. I got the offer letter the other day, and in addition to the guaranteed hours, pay rate, and such, there is another offer letter stipulation that I'm not sure about. It says "You have 30 days to meet the courier best practices performance levels". Does anyone know what that means exactly? I'm assuming it means I have 30 days to learn the job and be able to perform it effectively, but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks for the help

Rhoderunner

Usually 30 days to meet the goals set for that particular route. If the goal for that route is 18 SPH then you will have 30 days to meet that goal. I believe the goals you need to obtain should be on your offer letter. If not get them written in. You want those in writing for future reference.

STFXG

You only get 30 days to learn an ENTIRE route? But what about all the call ins?

Sent using BrownCafe App

!Retired!

You only get 30 days to learn an ENTIRE route? But what about all the call ins?

Sent using BrownCafe App
1. That would only apply if it were a swing position.
2. 30 days is plenty of time to learn a route. I've done it more than once.

To the OP: I have never seen wording like that in an offer letter.....and I've signed a total of 7. Ask the manager what it means.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hello guys,

I have been with Fedex for just over a year, and was was recently offered a FT courier position that I'm most likely going to take. I got the offer letter the other day, and in addition to the guaranteed hours, pay rate, and such, there is another offer letter stipulation that I'm not sure about. It says "You have 30 days to meet the courier best practices performance levels". Does anyone know what that means exactly? I'm assuming it means I have 30 days to learn the job and be able to perform it effectively, but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks for the help

Ask for concrete numbers, and also ask to see the numbers for the previous employee who ran the route.

FedexCares

Ask for concrete numbers, and also ask to see the numbers for the previous employee who ran the route.
As far as I know, they just added/built this route, so I don't think anyone ran it before me. I'll probably try to call the manager tomorrow. The wording on this makes me a little bit leery, especially since I'm moving a pretty good distance to take the job.

Maui

That is very vague language that could mean almost anything. I believe that is intentional. I would also seek concrete numbers.

It could be CBP methods including scan compliance and SPH. Truthfully, if you absolutely use CBP including attempting to get signatures at all resi deliveries you should be able to crush any goal set from a goal-setting checkride.

I would seek clarification, but you're probably safe unless you are a really poor performer. Before goals are set on a new route I would request a goal-setting checkride and follow CBP to the letter.

!Retired!

It could be CBP methods including scan compliance and SPH. Truthfully, if you absolutely use CBP including attempting to get signatures at all resi deliveries you should be able to crush any goal set from a goal-setting checkride.
You'll be on the road an extra hour each day if you follow CBP to the letter.....this could be a good thing.