Question on pay rate

Smokey Spicer

Hey all, been with company for four years now and haven't had much issue / confusion with pay until around early summer this year. Long story short I decided to drive as a TCD for peak 2016. In that time I made my 30 days and then returned to local sort / air driving after they laid off the seasonal help.

Since then I have not signed any bids (and I have no intention to right now), or signed up to do any more TCD work at all. I have been working as an "as needed" air driver and my hired job as a local sorter.

My question is, what rate should I be getting paid when I touch ground as an air driver now that I've made my 30 days? I've been getting the TCD rate since early summer. I was told that since I've made my 30 days they can pay me at that rate regardless if I have signed up or not, if there are other TCDs working at that time. I've called just about everyone I thought would know and no one seems to.

The only real thing I've been told is that revoking my 30 day qualifications will get me back to top rate again for certain, but if I don't have to than I'm not going to. Just looking for any insight on this. If they're right they're right, but I just haven't gotten a solid answer yet. Thanks a lot! Hope everyone is surviving peak.

Box Ox

Revoking your 30 day qualification? Lol. If you’re gonna be touching ground, punch in as a TCD. If you’re touching ground as an air exception driver when you’re not in local sort, demand to be paid as a TCD.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Revoking your 30 day qualification? Lol. If you’re gonna be touching ground, punch in as a TCD. If you’re touching ground as an air exception driver when you’re not in local sort, demand to be paid as a TCD.
He doesn't want TCD rate, he wants top rate lol.
He's upset air drivers get top rate to deliver ground and he gets TCD rate. Seems short-sighted. We use TCD's before pt air drivers for ground regardless of their pt seniority.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I assume that means temporary cover driver. We haven't had those in my center. If they continue to pay you as a qualified ground driver anytime you do any driver work, you should be moving up the progression as a ground driver, so that would be good in the long run.