Question on Safe Driving prize

Brownnblue

I got a GPS device for my safe driving award a couple of weeks ago. It seemed to be working OK, but Wednesday night I went to turn it on and nothing happened.

I threw away/misplaced the return documentation, so I can't find a number to call to see what the procedure is. Anyone have any information they can pass along.

Thanks

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Have you tried going to the safe driving award link on UPSers.com? If not, go there and see if there is any information there that may help. Is the GPS unit available for purchase at any of the big electronics stores (Best Buy, Circuit City) in your area? If it is, you may be able to get information there. What brand is your GPS? Have you tried going directly to their website, if they have one, for return information?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I would go to the manufacturer's website too. They are sure to have a "contact us" link.

Brownnblue

Have you tried going to the safe driving award link on UPSers.com? If not, go there and see if there is any information there that may help. Is the GPS unit available for purchase at any of the big electronics stores (Best Buy, Circuit City) in your area? If it is, you may be able to get information there. What brand is your GPS? Have you tried going directly to their website, if they have one, for return information?

I went to both the UPSers site and the TharpeRobbins site, but neither one had any contact info that I could find. The award site is very difficult to navigate unless you are choosing your prize.

The brand for the GPS is a Garmin; I actually did contact them to see if they had any advice/tricks to powering up a product, but none of them worked. I'm hoping as a last resort I could return it to them. Strangely enough, I registered the device with them a few days before it crashed.

I do remember that some return documentation came with the product, but since I actually need it now it is nowhere to be found. I also called to see the status of my order, and the telephone operators were very nice, so I am hoping if I could get that 1-800 number they could help me out.