Question on use of Inside Delivery

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have a question regarding when to use the Inside Delivery option. The way that I remember the training was that if you had a retail store with multiple delivery points (Walmart) that you would use Receiver for deliveries to the dock and Inside Delivery for deliveries inside the store (Rx, Vision, Bank, Subway, Hair Salon and Nail Salon). Today I had a delivery for a pharmacy which is located within a medical office building on the campus of our local hospital. Each office has a suite number and is delivered separately. I made the delivery, answered Yes when asked if I delivered to Pharmacy but hit 5 (Reception) rather than 9 (Inside Delivery). I received an ODS about an hour later telling me to delete that delivery and re-sheet using Inside Delivery. I countered that Inside Delivery is only used for those retail stops with multiple delivery points. I was then directed to void and resheet, which I did.

Here is my question---Is Inside Delivery to be used only at a retail stop with multiple delivery points or is it also to be used for stand-alone pharmacies?

packageguy

I have a question regarding when to use the Inside Delivery option. The way that I remember the training was that if you had a retail store with multiple delivery points (Walmart) that you would use Receiver for deliveries to the dock and Inside Delivery for deliveries inside the store (Rx, Vision, Bank, Subway, Hair Salon and Nail Salon). Today I had a delivery for a pharmacy which is located within a medical office building on the campus of our local hospital. Each office has a suite number and is delivered separately. I made the delivery, answered Yes when asked if I delivered to Pharmacy but hit 5 (Reception) rather than 9 (Inside Delivery). I received an ODS about an hour later telling me to delete that delivery and re-sheet using Inside Delivery. I countered that Inside Delivery is only used for those retail stops with multiple delivery points. I was then directed to void and resheet, which I did.

Here is my question---Is Inside Delivery to be used only at a retail stop with multiple delivery points or is it also to be used for stand-alone pharmacies?

This is funny, because last week I did the samething, and I got no message. I was told for pharmacy when trained

Buck Fifty

9 is only to be used when the board gives you the prompt, Seafood, Pharmacy,Inside Delivery etc. If the board doesn't prompt then they don't care which one you punch. Pick one. Prompt use 9, No prompt, doesn't matter. Pretty simple !

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Dave, I have a stand alone pharmacy and I have gotten the message twice this year to void and resheet as inside delivery.

I think that request may come from a specific shipper.

stepitup

There are certain shippers that require us to take their packages directly to the pharmacists' work area. These must be put in the hands of the people working the dispensary. These deliveries are stop completed as "inside delivery". Any other packages for that business can be signed for by general personnel and stop completed at the driver's descretion. Two stops if needed. At least that is how it is handled in my center.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are certain shippers that require us to take their packages directly to the pharmacists' work area. These must be put in the hands of the people working the dispensary. These deliveries are stop completed as "inside delivery". Any other packages for that business can be signed for by general personnel and stop completed at the driver's descretion. Two stops if needed. At least that is how it is handled in my center.

Granted, but how would you close out a delivery to a stand-alone pharmacy, one not connected to any store?

BrownArmy

I deliver to a Hospital pharmacy (down the hall in the basement from the regular receiving dock).

The pharmacy's packages must be a separate stop, completed as 'Inside Delivery'.

Same thing with CVS (a local drugstore)...pharmacy packages (if directed on the label or prompted by the DIAD) are a separate stop, completed as 'Inside Delivery'.

As far as I know, 'Inside Delivery' is (at this point) specifically for pharmacies - I may be 100% wrong, it's the only stops I've ever seen that say 'Inside Delivery' on the label or prompted by the DIAD.

If I have multiple deliveries for a business (thank goodness I don't have any Walmarts on any route I cover, but I do have a Costco), the dock/vision center/photo center are all separate stops, but not completed as 'Inside Delivery'. A stop for the Costco pharmacy would be an 'Inside Delivery' however...

2 cents.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Granted, but how would you close out a delivery to a stand-alone pharmacy, one not connected to any store?

Inside delivery - the shipper wants us to deliver to the pharmacist or the "pharmacy" even at a stand-alone pharmacy. Example Rite-Aid, Wahlgreens you deliver to the side door or front counter but you have to take one package to the "pharmacy" part of the store...record the "pharmacy" as inside delivery and yes its another stop.

SlowRide80k

My other one is Red Tag'd
Ameridose is one of the shippers that prompts for "pharmacy" delivery. Pharmacy used to be #9 but was replaced by "inside delivery" we have been instructed that any del to a pharmacy we need to use "inside del" prompt or no prompt.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have a stand alone pharmacy where the recieving people will not let me take the pkgs to the pharmacist. All these services we promise customers work perfectly in a cubicle.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I have a stand alone pharmacy where the recieving people will not let me take the pkgs to the pharmacist. All these services we promise customers work perfectly in a cubicle.

We have a couple of those also, just record as inside delivery and go about your day.

Cementups

Box Monkey
EVERY single one of my deliveries I hit 8. They are the person that received the package, therefore they are the receiver. The only exception is residential.

DS

Fenderbender
I encountered this for the first time just last week.
I have a Brinks in my area.I have always taken everything in the front door,
big or small.I had to almost beg the receptionist to take 4 heavy little "inside delivery"
pkgs and promised to go to the back in the future.This is a big pain for me.
It takes a good 15-20 minutes to get through security and back out again.
Then I looked at the paperwork.It was silver bars from Australia,each pkg
worth almost 40k each.You just never know what's in those pkgs.