Question: Part Time Preload Dispatch Supervisor

PAUPSGuy

Took the job from the streets. I've heard many different work times, and I'm asking if anyone here could give me an estimate on work times? UPS Station includes, 4 door preload with 40-50 trucks. I'm trying to couple this part time position with my other job as a transportation coordinator for the state. After serving in the army infantry for 8 years, I'm really trying to tackle civilian life with the same mentality. Any help would be appreciated.

From what I gather thus far, UPS is very much go with the flow until you get yelled at, haha.. Luckily hasn't happened to me yet.. 12-2am start time with the routes being done by 7-9am every day. Can anyone with a similar station or experience relate/confirm anything? Thanks ahead of time.

trickpony1

Thank you for your service.
12-2 until 7-9 (except when they need you to stay longer).
Are 7-8 hour shifts considered part-time?

EDIT: don't jeopardize your state job.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Took the job from the streets. I've heard many different work times, and I'm asking if anyone here could give me an estimate on work times? UPS Station includes, 4 door preload with 40-50 trucks. I'm trying to couple this part time position with my other job as a transportation coordinator for the state. After serving in the army infantry for 8 years, I'm really trying to tackle civilian life with the same mentality. Any help would be appreciated.

From what I gather thus far, UPS is very much go with the flow until you get yelled at, haha.. Luckily hasn't happened to me yet.. 12-2am start time with the routes being done by 7-9am every day. Can anyone with a similar station or experience relate/confirm anything? Thanks ahead of time.
I can't help you with your question but I would like to thank you for your service too.

PAUPSGuy

Thank you for your service.
12-2 until 7-9 (except when they need you to stay longer).
Are 7-8 hour shifts considered part-time?

EDIT: don't jeopardize your state job.
I was told by the full timer that he starts getting bitched at when I'm there over 7.

PAUPSGuy

Just like in the military, your full timer will tell you anything.

When do you intend to sleep?
Hahahahaha when I'm dead? Sleeping during the afternoon, 4-5 until 12ish. Haven't ironed it out yet. As long as I get my weekends for recovery I'll be alright.

DOK

Thanks for your service. I'm sure you have thick skin being in the military, you will need it as our dispatch sup gets yelled at more by the drivers than his boss. Tough job, but hey good luck.

Brownguy4200

Really depends on preload start time. We start usually around 3:50 to 4:10 depending on the day of week. We're putting on 55-60 routes through out the week. Dispatcher comes in at about midnight. He is also out full time preload supe so not sure when he leaves.

Mapp

Choo Choo

I used to come in 1-2 hours before the preload start. set up the spa stations etc. then often load trucks or help supervise preload. even as a pds expect to catch :censored2: for the preload sups :censored2:ups. during peak our preload would start at midnight and run till 7-30 depending on forecasted volume, do the possibility for 8+ hour days are there.

If you can get an OMS position its much better and you get treated much better. I worked in South Central PA also.

clerkin

Thanks for your service. I'm sure you have thick skin being in the military, you will need it as our dispatch sup gets yelled at more by the drivers than his boss. Tough job, but hey good luck.

Has to be the worst job at UPS no matter what you get your ass chewed whether it’s by drivers or your boss either way you are catching :censored2: