Question regarding a UPS driver "forging" signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteykirch

So, I don't know if this is the place for it, but let me begin.

Last week my GF placed an order for a brand new unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 cell phone that was supposed to have next day overnight shipping. The package arrived a day late (11/30) (fighting this was useless since the shipping was free), however the issue was that the package was dropped off near 10PM with no attempt for a signature despite it being required.

I answered the door, and the delivery person was across the street. I did make a comment that it's a tad ridiculous to get a residential delivery that late, he said they are busy. Fine I understand that, but it's still crappy, especially when you're supposed to get a certain level of service. I asked him, if he was forgetting anything, and he said nope, got in the truck and that was that.

We go to bed, wake up and check the tracking information again, and see that was delivered at 11:41PM with my GF signing for the package, despite no one getting a signature and the fact we were both long asleep by that time.

We contact UPS and get the usual "Oh, that's not how things are supposed to go, we will make a note of it, and make sure the facility manager handles the situation. They will personally call you by the end of the business day today." (12/1). Well, they don't call, I email again, and they tell me you'll get a phone call by 10AM 12/2. Well that doesn't happen, we don't hear back from them until 6PM that night. The phone call is brief, pretty much that they are 2 days behind, yes I know, but that doesn't allow poor customer service. Also the lady said that she has nearly 400 other phone calls to make, so the back up is immense. They assure us that the driver has been talked to.

It's now 12/3. My GF expecting a package from Amazon that never needs a signature, the delivery driver refuses to give us the package unless we sign for it. I joke to her that they want her signature to compare the "forged" signature from before.

Flash forward to today, she gets another delivery, another small one just a book from Amazon that has no signature required. Lo and behold it's the same guy that I had an issue with originally. He tells me I have to sign, I ask why? It's not required, he tells me it's up to his digression, and since there was an issue our address is now flagged as a signature required all the time location. He also called me a liar for reporting the forged signature, and that the signature he "retrieved" from us originally is a 100% match to the one my GF signed for on 12/3.

So is this a thing? The lady I talked to tonight said it's up to the drivers digression to leave packages if he/she feels that it's unsafe for them to be left alone, but she said if I anyone was there to answer the door then no signature is required if the original sender doesn't require one...

I mean I know it sounds petty, since we got the shipment no issue, but it just seems sketchy to me. I asked the lady I talked to tonight to send me the PDF's of the signatures they received for the 11/30, 12/3 and 12/6 deliveries. She said expect them in at least 90 minutes. Well we got the PDF's for the 12/3 and 6 deliveries, nothing for the 11/30 which was requested 3 hours ago. I don't know if I'll wake up in the morning and see it in my inbox, but something just seems off.

Status
Not open for further replies.